16.10.15

A bullet whizzed past Lydia, leaving a light burn on her ear. "Run faster!" She shouted at the others, practically leaping to keep up with them

For some reason, in that moment she new a bullet was going to be shot at her head.

Lydia turned around, hoping to God that what she was about to do would work.

She stuck one hand in front of her body and focused all of her power onto that hand.

Something that looked a little like heat waves exploded from Lydia's hand, creating a strong force field around her and the others running behind her.

Bullets were repeatedly shot at the force field and with every shot, Lydia felt the blood from her nose get thicker and thicker.

"Lydia! C'mon! We don't have time to practise our skills!" Stiles yelled, running towards her.

"No, I've got this." Lydia said, flinching every time another bullet was shot, getting weaker and weaker. "Don't touch me, Stiles!"

"Lydia, you need to stop!" Stiles shouted at her, worried for her life.

The force field was getting smaller and smaller and Lydia new exactly what she had to do.

With both hands in front of her, she closed her eyes and concentrated on the trees and how calm they were, trying to make everything around her as silent as possible.

She took a deep breath in, and said calmly, so quietly that only Stiles could hear: "Run and block your ears. Stiles, do it. Trust me."

Stiles gave a longing look towards Lydia before running behind a tree, watching her fight them off.

Lydia pulled her arms back and screamed as loud as she could, until there was no air left, pushing her arms forward as she did so.

The people were flung backwards; one into a tree and another onto the ground. Both unconscious.

Lydia took one last look at them before running towards the others, grabbing Stiles' hand as she went.

Once they were safe, Allison gave Lydia a bottle of water and hugged her, Lydia just relaxed into her arms, feeling comforted.

"You did good, Lydia." Scott said, pulling the small girl into his arms, ruffling her hair a little.

"You were amazing, Lyd." Stiles said, looking at Lydia like she was the only person in the room.

"Thanks, guys." Lydia managed to get out, before passing out on the couch.

"Kira. What are you?"

~•~

"Man, a little help here?" He asked, grasping the other guys hand in his own and pulling himself up.

"So, what are we thinking?"

"Well, the others are definitely werewolves but the chick? She's something else." the first guy shook his head, raising his eyebrows.

"Which one?"

"Which one do you think?" the smaller man asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes.