White and red

But Jeno was fazed, to busy to kick his brother in the face.

"Nana.." he said to himself and smiled.

And the challenge had started, there were days where Jeno got a number in the sequence, and some days Jeno didn't. This process had dragged for about two weeks, which didn't feel like two weeks. People say when your genuinely having fun, time flies, I guess that applies.

Maybe they didn't realise,

but they really enjoyed each others company, even though it was a mere 5 minutes of convincing to get a single digit.

Jaemin never wanted it to end really, maybe that was why some days even when Jeno bought the whole flower shop he'd say no. It's not that he didn't appreciate it, Jaemin treated everything that Jeno got him with so much care. Even if it was a teddy bear, flowers, sometimes origami cranes, ( Jaemin especially loved those ), he'd fill up his room with them.

And here was a another day of Jeno attempting to get the FINAL number to Jaemin's contact. Yes, he succeeded in getting all numbers, but it has been a three day streak of nothing so far, 'the further we ascend in the phone number sequence, the increase in difficulty' quoted by Jaemin. Oh yes, he could and would have dialed every number in the sequence with a different last digit but Jaemin said if he did that there would be no date, so Jeno remained patient.

The school day had ended, Jaemin and Donghyuck were laughing about how Chenle slipped on the mopped floor even when the 'wet floor' sign was clearly in his face.

Then he had spotted Jeno, awaiting the both of them outside.

A held two roses in his hand which he found oddly specific, one was white and the other was crimson red.

It was unusual, the whole atmosphere Jeno had created was unusual. It felt sightly more...romantic. Normally he had a bouquet of flowers like tulips or a gaffney and another thing like a teddy bear or chocolates. And the way he was dressed, he wore a black sleeveless shirt and grey jeans with his hair to his forehead.

Donghyuck ran into the car after waving bye to Jaemin. Leaving them alone by the pick up area. You might be wondering, this romance drama, isn't this happening for everyone to see? And why isn't Chenle already tormenting and harassing Jaemin's ass if he had witnessed?

It is because this takes place right outside the kindergarten, there is a playroom where the kids wait for their parent or whoever to pick them up, and the tutor on duty which is what Jaemin has been appointed to do is the only teacher allowed to send the students off to ensure full supervision. And since they meet outside, there is a wall blocking any view from where these events take place, so even if Chenle or Jisung wanted to spend time with the kids or stay back by any chance they would not be able to see a thing. But they do wonder why Jaemin takes slightly longer to send off Haechan compared to the other kids. It was only because Jeno entered the play room the first day Chenle was able to see him.

"Here you go sir" Jeno snapped into character after looking slightly fazed and  handed the flower to Jaemin bowing, smirking slightly.

Jaemin felt different today, it was probably the fifth time he assured that SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT TODAY. Jeno didn't do anything much, it was less actually, but somehow he felt the urge to utter the last number almost immediately, like he had totally gave in to whatever the hell Jeno was doing to him.

He admired how Jeno looked, his hair was down, normally it was half up with gel, he didn't wear his glasses. His face, eyes, cheeks look so sweet and kind. His lips, they were so-

"Nana?"

Jaemin snapped out of his thoughts and immediately turned pink. One was from the nickname and two was from what the actual hell is going on with him. He did a system reset internally and he politely took the flower, his hand was shaking so bad. Why was he so nervous?

"What's with today being unusual hm MR " Jaemin chuckled, playfully questioning Jeno as he crossed his arms.

"Well, I...today I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come over and have dinner, YOU DON'T HAVE TO but uhm I heard from Haechan that you saw the food I sent him and that you wanted to learn how to make it, so uhm what do you say?" Jeno blabbered, breaking his 'romantic' character. If Jaemin didn't know Jeno was some well to do ceo somewhere, he would have thought something far off. But then he couldn't help but smile at Jeno who looked equally flushed. They were acting like Highschool kids in love, they knew, but they didn't take it to notice, because they both were equally loosing their shit.

Jaemin fumbled with the roses in his hands for 5 seconds as he felt the blood rushing up to his face. Was he really going this extent for one number? Why? And why was he himself so nervous, he's just inviting you for dinner?  Jaemin made up his mind.

"I'd love to?!"

(double chapters today maybe 😪)

(also, red roses mean love and admiration
And white means innocence and new love 🫶)