THE DEAL 01

A normal day. The school's hallway that was once in silence is now being filled with students and teachers. Some students were mindlessly talking and laughing with their friends while others are quite entertaining with their books. It has been like that every morning. Students find ways to spend time before their classes starts.

Welp not for Mina. While students spend their morning with friends or with their significant other, she would rather spend her morning in a productive way. Her routine is usually arriving at school exactly half an hour before her class begins and walk straight to the library. She would sit at the very corner of the room just to read random book or would review yesterday's lecture. You're probably thinking that she's that introvert nerd, but she's not. It's just how she wants and to prioritize her studies.

She was currently reviewing and answering problem solving on her book. The subject is complicated and it irritates her when she doesn't understand some things. She was almost done reviewing but was stuck on a few problems when a voice from behind interrupted her.

"Still an early bird, huh?" She ignored the person and focus on the problem she's trying to accomplish. She flinch at the sound of the table squeaking as the person sat in front of her, but she still kept her eyes at her notes.

The person look at her curiously. "Why are you reviewing those? The exam is still this afternoon."

"uhm 'cause I want to." Mina replied coldly.

"Ahh. Are you having troubles with that subject?"

"A little bit, but I can handle it."

"Do you want any help?"

"No need."

"Are you sure?"

"Yepp."

"Uhh, okay." Mina was happy that their conversation stopped. Now she can focus on the freaking problem that she's stuck to. She never encounter this type of problem in any exams so she decided to challenge herself.

"Okay this is driving me nuts" Mina was shocked as the person pulled the notebook in front of her and started answering on it.

"What the heck Chaeyoung!?" She tried to grab the notebook but the other girl was quick to block Mina's hands.

"Chaeyoung, give it back!!" Mina yelled. Now, the two had attract attention from the other students, some were glaring while others didn't. As soon as Chaeyoung finish, she put the pen down.

"You are welcome." Her response as she put the notebook back to Mina.

"Seems to me that you're struggling at the problem for a while now, so I figured that if I didn't help you, it would take you the whole morning to solve this" Chaeyoung shrugged as she lean his back against the wall. Mina blushed in embarrassment.

It's true. She could've said that she needed help in that subject, but she didn't want Chaeyoung to know that she suck at that subject.

Just then the bell rang, signaling that classes are about to start. Mina gathered her things and head out.

"Hey wait for me!!" Chaeyoung grab her bag and followed the the tall girl.

Catching her breath, she halt the girl by grabbing her arm.

Mina roll her eyes "Chaeyoung, please, I'll be late for my first class."

"Okay, okay, chill. Just want to return this to you. It slipped from your backpack." Mina saw her thesis paper she'd been working last week from Chaeyoungs's hand.

"Thanks." She mumbled and was about to dash of when was yet again stopped by Chaeyoung.

"What now Chaeyoung!?"