THE DEAL 35

Smiles etched on the customers' faces as they watch an entertaining waitress giving plateful food to every table, singing out the orders they got. The waitress was met with claps and cheers everytime she finishes singing and gave an exaggerated bow before she walk with bounce on her feet behind the counter. While waiting for another meal to bring out, the waitress kept nodding her head to the beat of the music on the speaker and occasionally bump her hip with her other co-workers by the cashier, earning amusement smiles from the ordering customers.

"Someone's extra bubbly today." Somi commented as the waitress approach her, leaning beside Somi, waiting for the fries to be cooked.

"What are you talking about? I'm always bubbly." Chaeyoung responds.

"Singing for the customers and dancing weirdly in a diner isn't something you do everyday, or, anyone actually. Not to mention, you're face might rip apart from all that smiling you do." The girl says.

"Well I just realize that life is truly beautiful, you know. The Almighty truly is an artist. He created these good people, magnificent animals, breathtaking nature, and this beautiful weather... It's just... wow." Chaeyoung says with a slight daze look on her face.

"Beautiful weather? It's literally raining hard today." Somi says pointing at the grayish surroundings, accompanied with hard downpour and the slight swaying of the trees, outside the window.

Chaeyoung followed her gaze. "Oh... Well, rain can sometimes be beautiful, you know. Calming even. But... I guess it's not our luck today. Besides, that's not really my point. My point is that, there's so much this life could offer to us and be thankful for. And that is just beautiful."

"Wow, didn't know you're a closeted philosopher all along. Or maybe because yesterday's festival triggered this sudden enthusiasm? You're just probably hung up on yesterday and last night's fun, that's why you're extra cheerful today." Somi chuckled, putting the ready-made fries on their small package and bringing it to the counter.

"Yeah, maybe I am." Chaeyoung whispered to herself. A smile threatened to escape her lips again as she remembered a specific memory last night that had brought foreign sparks to her body.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"Hey, hey, what is going on?" Chaeyoung asks.

Bambam sighs. "My father's hosting a huge business event, celebrating the 20th anniversary of our company and introducing our brand new cars. I already agreed with him that me and Mina would come, so he's expecting our presence there, especially Mina."

"Without consulting me! He didn't even bother to tell me this and now suddenly I'm going there as his plus one?!" Mina exclaimed before turning to Chaeyoung. "Now you know why I'm mad!"

"Well, father mentioned that he haven't seen in you while. I think that this is the chance of him to talk to my fiancè." Bambam explained.

"I told you countless times, that I'm not going! Besides, I'm not planning on becoming your fiancè for long anyway, so there's nothing to talk about." Mina says.

"But you always turn down meetings like this. A week ago, you didn't agreed to a lunch with my mom, and then 4 days ago, I yet again made up excuses for you cancelling on a dinner invite from my sister. My dad's getting suspicious too, and I wouldn't be surprised if he told your father about it." Bambam replied.

"I don't fucking care! I have no intention in mingling with your family, because first of all, I know damn well that they're just gonna bug me about us and this stupid wedding of ours! Secondly, I simply don't like them, especially you! I know I'm sounding rude right now, but that's the truth and I don't fucking give a damn!" Mina retorted back.