One: New Beginnings

*(Y/N) POV*

"Father, why do I have to go to Japan?" I questioned the man.

"You are going to be finishing your training there..."

That was my last night home. Then I was sent off to a new world. 

~TIME SKIP TO JAPAN~

I walked up to the cabin, just as my father instructed. Knocking on the door, I grew anxious. Unsure of what was ahead of me in this new place, how was I supposed to react.

A man in a red mask opened the door welcoming me in, "You must be (L/N) (F/N)." I only nodded in response. He ushered me into the main living area, a meal already cooked for four people. 

I looked at him hesitantly, and he gave me a reassuring glance, "My other trainees Sabito and Giyuu will be back soon." 

I nodded and walked over to the table, inspecting the food. Simmered Salmon with Daikon. I don't eat fish, anything out of the water really. I quickly tried to find a way to eat around the fish to not have the taste in my mouth but failed. I resorted to eating only the rice beside it.

The door slammed open to boys, seemingly around my age walking in. I looked back down at the rice and ate what I could. Excited, the raven haired boy ran over to the table and started to devour his meal. I cringed at the excitement to eat fish, but let it go to finish my serving of rice. 

"Who's this?" The orange haired boy asked. My new master ignored the question and I continued my meal. Once finished, I noticed the black haired boy eyeing my un-eaten dish. I slid it over to him with an approving smile. He took it with grace, smiling in return, and scarfed it down. I'm glad someone could enjoy it. The orange haired boy spoke up again, "New girl, why aren't you eating your Salmon? Master made this meal for us, you should appreciate it and eat."

I kept my eyes on my rice and sat with my hands in my lap. I knew better than to disrespect my superior. Father had trained me better. But, I also just could not eat anything fishy, I knew this would be an issue after leaving America. I finally found the courage to be speak up, "My apologies Urokodaki-san. My pallet isn't acquired to fishy foods. However, whenever this would happen back home, I do my best to eat around it or anything else I am given. I do appreciate your kindness in the meal and taking me in." 

Urokodaki-san smiled at me, patting my head, "It's alright (F/N), Sabito here is just very out-spoken. Don't mind him, it seems that Giyuu enjoyed the extra serving." I looked up at saw the black haired boy smiling gratefully. That must be Giyuu, and the other boy, Sabito. 

I returned the smile to Urokodaki-san and finished my rice. Giyuu even gave me the last of his since he filled himself up on the Salmon. "It is getting late my children, please show (F/N) to the room." I grabbed the little luggage I had with me and followed Giyuu and Sabito. 

Sabito laid down on his futon, on the far left, as soon as we walked in. Great first impression (F/N). "You can sleep here," Giyuu spoke up pointing to the far right futon, "I'm sure when we start training Sabito will warm up to you." 

I gave Giyuu a warm smile, silently thanking him. I laid down in the futon, turning to face the wall. I heard Giyuu get into his futon beside mine. Back home, I spoke when spoken to if necessary. We knew better than to let my emotions get too extreme. But something about Giyuu, made me feel calm inside. 

"Ay, (F/N)." I turned to the voice coming from the raven haired boy. "Why did you travel here? It seems that you came from America. I didn't know there were demons there too. And if you were already being trained, why come all the way here?"

I stared at him, not knowing how to answer without giving too much information about the life I lived. "Um, I mean," I struggled to start, "My family, used to live here but they moved to America decades ago. The legacy of water breathing was always passed down to the eldest child. Until me, it was only male children. I don't entirely know why they sent me here, but I'm happy to be training under a master with such great skill." That was the best I could give him without too much information on the history of the (L/N) clan. 

"Well, I'm glad you're here." Giyuu spoke. I could hear the sincerity in his voice. "Me too." I rolled back over, shutting my eyes for the first time in this place. I just hoped that I would do my family good here. That I would become everything they needed me to, to save our future generations. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, this is my first fan-fiction for an anime, so please bare with me. There will be more parts of the Manga and Anime further into this, but we have to start somewhere. I hope you all enjoy, and I am going to try my absolute best. 

xx