Twenty-Eight: Settling In

*(Y/N) POV*

For the last week, my training went the same. Spar with Giyuu, train in Total Concentration Constant, and keep trying to use it while doing my daily activities. I even started training in Water Breathing more while using Total Concentration. In the past, I would only use it if necessary. 

I fell onto my butt, exhausted from my spar with Giyuu. He wanted me to Master the first two forms before I moved on, but I accidentally did the third form. 

He walked over to me and grabbed my hand to help me up. I looked up at him, "Blood Breathing Third Form, Bleeding Slash." He nodded his head, "Well, we will continue with these three forms then." 

I gave him a smile and we walked towards Rengoku. Rengoku gave me a hug, "You're doing great (Y/N)! Tonight I want you to start staying with Giyuu to work on Total Concentration Constant while sleeping." I looked at Giyuu confused. 

"I don't sleep much anyway," he spoke. "Okay..." I responded to the two hashira. Rengoku gave me another smile, "Well, take the rest of the day off. You've been working hard this week." I gave him a thankful smile, Giyuu a quick hug, and ran up to my room to take a shower. 

I'm sure I smelt gross and I was extremely sticky from my sweat. I grabbed the clothes I would need and brought them to the bathroom with me. The water felt cold on my skin, cooling me off from the heat of outside. 

I finished up my shower and changed into my new outfit. I threw on a pair of shorts and crop top, and put my uniform on over top once I got back into my room. I put my ring on and went to make some lunch. 

I ate alone and thought about the last week. Giyuu has left after training every night, but tonight I'll be staying with him. I started spinning my ring around. Maybe I could head over there early to watch the sunset. I have yet to watch the sunset with him since we saw each other again. 

I shook my head. If he truly wanted to try and care again, he would remember. He probably doesn't even watch the sunset anymore. I sighed and finished my food. I went upstairs and grabbed a bag to begin packing. I should probably grab a few nights worth of clothes to make the stay easier. 

I was grabbing things from my bathroom when I heard a knock on the door. I ran downstairs and saw Giyuu. 

"Sorry, I figured that you might want some help bringing stuff over," he spoke. I gave him a smile and nodded. He followed me upstairs. It's already been a few hours because I am so indecisive on my clothing choices. Especially since I'll be staying with Giyuu. I know I shouldn't care that much but I still do. 

I turned to Giyuu when we got into my room, "I just need to grab some stuff from the bathroom and then I'll be all set." He nodded and I finished what I needed to do. 

I walked back out to him. "You all set?" He asked me. I nodded and handed him one of my bags. I looked down, "Sorry, I thought it would be better to have a few days worth to make it easier." He gave me a smile, "I was hoping that's what you would do." He followed me outside and I made sure we locked the gate. 

Once we started walking down the path towards his estate he put his arm around my shoulder. My stomach did a flip and I felt my face heat up. 

"Since you're letting me stay, would you like me to make dinner tonight? I can make your favorite," I asked Giyuu. 

I felt his eyes on me, "Sure, I would love that. But after I want to watch the sunset with you." 

I stopped walking and looked at him shocked. He looked back confused, "Are you alright?" 

"You still watch the sunset?" My heart was racing. He walked towards me and grabbed my hand, "Of course I do. I told you that no matter where we were, we would always be watching the sunset together. Now let's go home." He held onto my hand and we continued walking. 

Home. I never liked that word. I never had a true home. I thought my home was in America, but they sent me away. But Giyuu... he felt like home. He is my home. 

We finally arrived at his estate and walked in. He led me to his room, "You're going to stay in here with me for the training." I nodded my head and put my stuff down. 

"I'm going to go get started on dinner," I told him and walked to the kitchen. His estate wasn't as big as Rengoku's, but it was still bigger than any house I had ever stayed in. 

The food didn't take too long to cook. We ate in silence and I watched as he happily ate his food. I'm happy to see him smiling. 

When we finished he cleaned the dishes and I went upstairs to take my uniform off. When I was in the shorts and crop top he walked in. His eyes widened and his face turned bright red. 

"Um, I'm sorry, I was just going to get changed really quick," he struggled to get out. I giggled and walked up to him, placing my hand on his cheek. He looked down at me and I watched as his eyes scanned my clothing choice. 

"It's alright, I'm done in here. I'll meet you outside." I walked by him and went out to his backyard. 

I laid against the estate and closed my eyes. Grabbing the ring, I spun it around on my finger. I felt him sit next to me and I glanced up at him. I gave him a smile and went to speak, until a knock could be heard from the front door. He sighed and stood up, going to answer it. 

I closed my eyes again and was resting peacefully. That was until I heard the worst voice I possibly could.

"Giyuu, this is why no one likes you. You don't let them enjoy anything with you. Just let me watch the sunset with you this once. What could possibly -" their voice was cutoff and I knew they were standing next to me. 

I opened my eyes and found theirs. "What are you doing here?" The Insect Hashira sneered at me. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, I have had such bad writer's block. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm hoping to do a time skip soon to get to canon stuff :) 

xx