Twenty-Five: Fixing It

*(Y/N) POV*

I walked through the doors to the estate with Giyuu. We followed Rengoku to the living area and took a seat. 

"So," Rengoku began, "We now know why Rain Breathing hasn't been working for you." I nodded my head. "Well, it seems as though Tomioka-san should help us with training when we work on this technique. So anytime he is available to train, you will practice Blood Breathing. Otherwise, you will stick to normal training, understood?" I nodded once again. That makes sense, especially if it seems to be important that my calm is present in this situation. 

"Have you begun her training in Total Concentration Constant?" Giyuu asked Rengoku. He shook his head, "No, I haven't. But it does seem as though for the breathing style she should master it to control herself." Giyuu nodded in agreement. 

I looked at them confused, "I'm sorry but what is that exactly?" "Basically you always are using Total Concentration, all day every day," Giyuu explained. "EVEN WHEN I SLEEP?" I shouted and he nodded in response. How the hell does that work? 

"Tomioka-san, if you could help her train through that it would be much appreciated. I have to be home with my brother in the evenings," Rengoku requested. Giyuu nodded, "I understand. I can most definitely do that. "

"So are we all sorted out here?" I asked the two hashira. They nodded and Rengoku stood up, "I will be taking my leave to my father's now. If you would like to spend the night here, please feel free." He spoke the last part to Giyuu directly. 

I said my goodbyes to Rengoku and he walked out the door, leaving Giyuu and me on the couch alone. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. 

So much has happened today, I just want to sleep. I would send my family a letter but the crow can't fly that far. Maybe I should read out to Urokodaki-san to see if he has any information from them. 

I went to stand up from the couch, but Giyuu stopped me. I looked at him puzzled, "I need to get ready for bed, what's up?" 

He stayed silent, remaining eye contact with me for a few seconds. He finally broke his eye contact before speaking, "I think we should discuss what was talked about tonight." I looked down knowing that we should. I nodded my head in response. 

"Did you really not know?" He asked me. I looked up at him, "Of course not! I wouldn't lie to you Giyuu, you know that!" 

He sighed, "I know. I know. It's just a lot to take in. I'm sure it is for you too." I nodded my head again and played with my ring. 

Giyuu grabbed my hand with the ring on it, "I meant what I said the other day. I never intended on breaking our promise. I just wanted you to be safe. But now..." he paused for a second, "now, I know that it only made you worse. I'm sorry. I'll set everything straight. I promise." 

I looked him in the eyes, "Don't make another promise you can't keep Tomioka-san." He sighed, "Please don't call me that." 

"Well, I'm sorry but actions speak louder than words. You're going to have to do a lot more than just say these things to me to make it right," I told him. I wanted my best friend back and I know that I need him for training. But I wanted him back for more than that, no matter how much he hurt me. 

He spoke again, "I'll prove it to you. I will." I gave him a small smile before going to get up again. I turned to him quickly after standing up, "Are you staying here tonight?" He nodded his head, "It's probably best, considering everything that has happened." 

I reached out my hand and he grabbed it, following behind me as I walked to my room. I went to my closet and took out a pair of pants and a shirt which had been his. "You still have those?" he asked me. I nodded my head, handing him the clothes, "Yea, I figured they would be more comfortable for you to sleep in." He smiled at me and walked to the bathroom to change. 

I quickly got out my clothes, changing before he came back into the room. I knocked on the bathroom door, Giyuu letting me in. I gave him a spare toothbrush and we both finished getting ready for bed. 

We walked out into my room and I laid down. "Do you want me to stay in here with you?" I heard him ask me. "Mhm," was all I said. I felt him lay down with me and I rolled over so I was facing him. 

"I want to write Urokodaki-san," I told him, "He may have more information." He rolled over, now facing me as well. I could see his dark blue eyes through the darkness. "That's not a bad idea." His voice was lower, almost as if we would wake someone up by speaking. It was nice hearing his voice though. He wasn't very talkative around the other hashira. 

"Giyuu, why have you grown so cold and quiet?" I asked him. I saw his eyes close, like he was remembering something. He opened them again, looking at me, "This should be you or Sabito. Not me. I don't deserve this spot." 

This wasn't him at all. I placed my hand on his cheek, "Giyuu, you deserve this more than anyone. Sabito would be so proud of you and despite everything else, I am proud of you. You are strong and more than capable. You deserve to be the Water Hashira." He looked at me with a small smile, "Thank you, (Y/N)." I nodded and placed my forehead against his. 

"We should go to sleep," I whispered, closing my eyes. I felt his hand touch mine on his cheek, he grabbed it placing my hand on his side. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling my body closer to him. "Much better," he whispered back. 

My voice was caught in my throat. How the hell did he become so confident all of a sudden? I mean we used to sleep with one another all the time when we were younger, but now? I opened my eyes and saw his were open to staring at me. "Goodnight beautiful," he whispered and kissed my forehead before closing his eyes.

I closed my eyes again, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Goodnight Giyuu."

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, maybe a little something is happening here oop. 

xx