Grown (Nahyuta Sahdmadhi x Sister! Reader)

A/N: Post SoJ events! Reader is 16, two years older than Rayfa!

Your Pov:

I sat with Rayfa in our room as we prepared. We had just gotten back from another parade and were changing into our performance clothes. For our celebration and for our tourists, we were doing a traditional belly dance but using popular music. We wanted to mix the two cultures.

Rayfa looked at me. "Do you think that this is going to upset braidhead or mother?" I smiled. "Mother is fine with it. She taught me the art after all and I taught you. Nahyuta though, I'm not sure, but he'll understand." I stood and looked in the mirror.

I made a few adjustments before turning to Rayfa

I made a few adjustments before turning to Rayfa. "Are you ready?" She nodded. "Yes. We shouldn't keep everyone waiting." We headed to the front of Tehm'Pul Temple, where the stage was set up. Mrs. Inmee, who was keeping track of the acts, approached us. "Your Prominence, Your Benevolence, once this act finishes, you'll be up next." I nodded. "Thank you."

We walked into the wings and watched the act currently onstage. Mr. Are'bal and a few others were doing a dance of their own. A few minutes later, they exited the stage. Then, we were announced.

"For our next performance, please welcome our princesses Rayfa Padma Khura'in and (Y/n) Vyara Khura'in." We walked onto the stage, smiling as everyone clapped and cheered. We took our places and the music started.

I caught Nahyuta's gaze as I danced and he did not look happy. Luckily Apollo was holding him back. I could tell that Rayfa was really getting into the dance. It took us a while to prepare for this. We finished a few minutes later and bowed before exiting the stage. As we got into the wings, Nahyuta dragged us away to the courtyard. He then took us to our room. He shut the door and turned to us. "What were you both thinking? That form of dance is too mature for you. Where did you even learn-"

I cut him off. "Mother taught me and then I taught Rayfa. And it's too mature for us? The average age for marriage among the women here is 18." He shook his head. "You both still have much to learn. Father wanted to ensure your safety and because of my promise, neither of you will be wed until I say. Mother knows this as well."

I smiled smugly. "Well that doesn't stop us from learning a traditional dance from mother. So, if mother is letting us do it, then you can't stop us." He looked at Rayfa. "You enjoy the traditional dances mother taught you?" She nodded. "Yes. It's quite fun." He sighed. "Fine. If mother approves and you both enjoy it, then you can dance. But-"

He looked at both of us. "But only in the privacy of the palace. Understood?" We both nodded. He smiled. "Good. Now, go get changed. There's still much too do before the celebrations end."