Twenty-four - Interesting

I'd asked Luna to let me see Orvar again, but I never expected her to grant my wish so soon! It had only been a day and a night since I left the mountains! Yet, here he was, standing before my very eyes

I'd asked Luna to let me see Orvar again, but I never expected her to grant my wish so soon! It had only been a day and a night since I left the mountains! Yet, here he was, standing before my very eyes. It was no daydream, no fantasy. He was really here.

"Hello, Gyda..." he said, nodding his head at me. The sound of his voice pronouncing my name still took my breath away.

"Hello, Orvar," I replied.

He smiled, showing all his teeth. It almost looked sweet, which was quite an achievement for someone who had two rows of deadly teeth in his mouth.

This was the first time I saw him in broad daylight instead of the glim of torches and candles. Every feature of his face and every bump, dimple, and scar on his large gray body was so much more visible now. I still couldn't call him a handsome man. Orvar wasn't beautiful like most human males were, with their perfectly smooth skin, straight nose, full lips, and round ears. Orvar had none of that, but I had trouble tearing my gaze off him. He was interesting to look at, which to me, was worth far more than looking at something beautiful.

He attracted me. His two different eyes, his long hair, the bulging veins that looked like winding rivers under his skin, claws that could make a bear jealous, his size—they all attracted me. Maybe not when I had first laid eyes on him, but they did now.

Orvar was half-naked again, wearing nothing but trousers to cover up his... I glanced down, knowing what he was hiding under there, and instantly pressed my thighs together. I guessed wearing many clothes wasn't an orcish kind of thing to do. He probably didn't even own a shirt.

"Orcs, why are you here?" Amira asked, snapping me back to reality.

Orvar tore his gaze away from me when the other orc gave him an elbow nudge in the ribs. "Oh, yeah"—Orvar cleared his throat—"our little ones are growing tusks. So we were hoping your old lady had something that could provide some relief for them," he explained.

"Ah. Are they sick?" I asked, remembering my nieces' cries while teething. It had been troublesome for them, and humans didn't even have to grow big tusks like the orc babies had to.

"They'll survive," Orvar answered. "Betsy said they're driving her crazy and we should get some ointment or whatever. So, here we are."

Amira laughed awkwardly. "Well... There's a visitor inside the house right now, who's not to be trusted. And my mother is probably still...busy. But I could take a look inside? And see if I can find something in her cabinets?"

"Please," Orvar answered, wiping away the drops of sweat streaming down his face.

"But if I can't find anything, I'm afraid you'll need to wait, though."

"We can wait."

"Okay. Are you coming with me, Gyda?" Amira asked as she turned on her heels, ready to walk back to the house.