Chapter 20

Jin was out of words on the other line. He was shocked to hear that Jeongyeon wanted to rush their wedding.

"W-wha... It shouldn't be a problem, but... is there really a need to rush things? Jeongyeon-ssi, I think it's wonderful how much you care about your family, but... I think you should think about deciding again. You might get hurt."

Jeongyeon knows what exactly Jin was trying to say. She was doing this because of Nayeon. She was doing it to fully move on from her and live her life. She thought it was easy, but Im Nayeon just won't let her move forward. Now that the older girl is starting to visit the academy more often, Jeongyeon finds it more harder to get over her.

Jeongyeon didn't know she was silent for more than a minute until Jin cleared his throat. She was about to respond when she heard Jin sigh.

"Alright. If that's what you want, then... we'll have to talk to our parents first."

Jeongyeon sighed, "Okay."

~~~~

"In other words, you want to support Jeongyeon in inheriting the academy... but you also want to return to being lovers?" Sana asked.

Nayeon was explaining to her friends what she wanted and how her parents reacted when she told them about her and Jeongyeon's relationship. They were at Momo and Sana's apartment eating snacks after watching a movie.

"Yeah. Why?" Nayeon questioned back.

"Nayeon unnie, I think doing both is rather difficult, now that Jeongyeon is getting married and... you both haven't talked in years. How will you do it, then? Barge into her office or their mansion and say, 'Jeongyeon-ah, I want you back! Cancel your engagement and let's get married!' How do you think she'll react?" Jihyo responded.

"Yeah, unnie. Don't tell us you're planning to be Jeongyeon unnie's mistress." Momo smacked Dahyun's arm because of what she said and the latter winced in pain. The rest of them chuckled.

"Well... I know what I'm saying is selfish, but," Nayeon scratched her nape, "I just love her so much that I can't hate her, even though she left me. I tried to. I really did, but... I just- I can't imagine my life without her. After all these years, I realized that I still love her."

"As expected from Nayeon unnie." Chaeyoung commented and smiled.

"But unnie," all of them turned to Tzuyu, "what did Jeongyeon unnie say when she left? Surely she said something, right?"

"Oh. Jeongyeon left a letter and left." Nayeon casually shrugged and the rest of them were shocked as they turned to the oldest with eyes wide open.

"A letter!?" All of them, except Nayeon, said at the same time.

"You didn't tell us about that!" Momo whined.

"Y-you didn't talk about it before she decided to leave? That's too one-sided!" Mina felt disappointed that her friend did that to Nayeon. Well, who wouldn't? Everyone in the room felt the same.

"I... I thought the same at first, but," Nayeon clasped her hands together on her legs, "Jeongyeon wrote that letter to me with all her heart, so I've decided to accept all of it."

The rest of them looked at her in awe. Momo was teary-eyed and Sana pats her back. Jihyo and Mina looked sad. Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were glancing at each other with sad smiles.

"Well then, we probably should come up with some ideas for your plan, Nayeonie." Sana cheerfully said, trying to lift up the mood. "Let's hope for the best!"

"That sounded very unconvincing..." Tzuyu commented and Chaeyoung smacked her shoulder.

"Why the fuck did you say that, Tzuyu-ya! Haha!" Dahyun laughed and they started to bicker.