Chapter 2

"I'm home~" Nayeon yelled as soon as she stepped inside their home. When she checked their kitchen, she was surprised when she saw Jeongyeon was already there, talking with their drunk mother.

"Oh! It's everyone's favorite idol, Im Nayeon! Welcome home!" Mrs. Im raised her hand holding a can of beer while Jeongyeon subtly smiled at her and nodded.

This is what's been happening in their apartment since before Nayeon and Jeongyeon's school trip. When they step inside their home, they would always be greeted by the strong smell of alcohol from the kitchen and there lies their drunk mother sitting on the chair while her head slumped on the dining table. They don't know why is this happening but they thought maybe she was just stressed at work.

"What are you talking about, eomma? What idol?" Nayeon groaned.

"Ah~~ I heard the rumor circulated in... the academy about this... red haired girl. And my sweet Jeongyeon here told me about this someone visiting the academy to check if that's true! That's you, right?" Mrs. Im drunkly stated.

What the fuck!? How did she know!? And Jeongyeon even told her about it!? She let her mouth agape as she slowly turned to the younger girl who was sitting opposite to their mother. Jeongyeon simply shrugged and smirked.

"I also told her to follow the rules now since grandpa might be angry if those someone would recognize Nayeon unnie." The younger girl said as she ate her cookie. "And also for her not to become a bad influence to the freshmen." She added.

"What bad influence are you referring to, Miss President?" Nayeon furiously said. She was about to add something but Mrs. Im cut her off.

"Jeongyeon is right, sweetie. Isn't it about time you dye her hair back to brunette?" Mrs. Im asked, her eyes threatening to close. "You keep saying that your father will be happy for it!"

"Father?" Jeongyeon was confused. She looked back and forth to Mrs. Im and Nayeon.

"You know, darling, Nayeon used to have brunette hair... just like her father used to have!" Mrs. Im beamed. Jeongyeon turned to her while Nayeon stood there while pinching the bridge of her nose. "Nayeon's father died five years ago. I'm not sure who actually told her to dye her hair red, but she's always so sensitive about the lack of connection between her father and her. That's why she always dye her hair and kept it red since five years ago."

Jeongyeon didn't know that Nayeon was still sensitive about that topic since the older girl told her that she already moved on. Jeongyeon didn't know what to say, so she kept her mouth shut.

"That story is already long ago, eomma! Cut it out! And I'm dying my hair because I wanted to." She pinched her mom's cheeks and Mrs. Im giggled. "I'm going to change first." She bid and went inside their room.

~~~~

Nayeon immediately took off her cardigan and skirt and was about to unbutton her blouse when she decided to check her hair. She twirled her hand on it and noticed some split ends on some strands. "My hair is a bit damaged." She mumbled as she threw her clothes on the bed. She continued to unbutton her blouse when she heard the door creak, revealing Jeongyeon. "Oh, sorry, Jeongyeon-ah. I'll clean it up immediately so don't nag." She immediately shut her off since she knew Jeongyeon hated mess and would nag at her if she saw one, just like right now.

Both of them didn't mind entering their room when one of them is still naked since they already saw each other's bodies every time they bathe together.

"I was about to say, at least close the curtains, unnie." Jeongyeon closed the door behind her as well as the curtains and started arranging Nayeon's clothes.