Feel like I'm drowning

{AN: we're not gonna talk about the title, it has absolutely no correlation to what happens in the first half of episode 5... or maybe it does}

"Oí what's this?" Steven had walked away from the memory we had just walked out of and was standing in front of a different door, this one showed Marc standing on a curb looking across the street.

"Steven, what are we gonna do here? We're gonna revisit every memory any of us have ever had?" Marc asks, walking over.

"Ou touchy." I point out considering how defensive he got.

"Do you... Do you remember this?" Steven asks pointing through the window.

"Yeah. I don't know, it's just a street, you know. How many streets have you walked down your whole life?" Marc asks, again, suspiciously defensive.

"Help!" A voice calls out in the distance, it sounds like a small child.

"Did you hear that?" Steven asks.

"Kinda hard not to." I point out. Steven starts jogging towards a door, pushing the double doors open and walking in, Marc and I look at each other and shrug, starting to follow him.

"I'm uh, Sorry, about King." Marc says quickly.

"Whatever." I brush off, picking up the pace to reach Steven.

The second we walk in we're met with the glazed glare of at least 50 dead bodies.

"Just a creepy caff filled with dead bodies." Steven says. "That's all it is. No prizes guessing whose room this is. Yours." He says pointing towards Marc.

"Funny." Marc replies sarcastically.

"Marc- your not even just a murderer at this point, your a serial killer."

"I am not."

"3 plus bodies equals serial killer, it's ok, I am too." I say, almost immediately regretting it after giving him new blackmail.

"Yeah well at least I'm not a gang member."

"Fuck you. At least I'd be a good parent." I say, at this point we're joking around, something I never expected.

"Guys." Steven says snapping our attention away from each other. "Focus." Okay Mister self regeneration.

Marc walks up to the closest set of people, observing their faces.

"Dubai, Gabon, New York. No way." Marc lists off, Steven walked over to the 2 scales sitting in the center of the room, Their Scale had slowed down slightly, and mine may have too, though not much.

"What, do you know these people?" Steven asks, I give him a look, though he doesn't catch on. Marc stays silent until Steven gets it. "No, oh, no. Surely not all of them? You killed all of them?"

"Uh, nope, those 10 back there are mine, 6 from Onyx, 4 from antique smuggling." I point out the 10 farthest away, I recognize the Rat from my first day with Onyx, and one of Mogart's guards. Though I was underestimating my body count, I glanced around the see one of the gang members that had kidnapped me the day I became Ma'at's avatar.

"They were criminals. Murderers. Predators. The worst of the worst. Khonsu wanted them punished. It's what he meant by protecting the travelers of the night."

"And what's your excuse?" Steven asks.

"Oh no I just kill people for fun." I say sarcastically, though his face doesn't change. "Really Steven? They were enemies of Onyx, they killed some of my friends we all wanted our revenge, or they just got in my way during a steal."