Letters and Understanding

[Malfoy Manor – 23rd – 24th December]

Lord Malfoy

Curious, you? What about me!

There are many out there who are curious about me, and they should because no one has even taken the time to talk to me, to get my opinion about what is happening.

You have questions, and so have I.

So, why should I humour you?

If you want me to answer yours, you will have to answer mine. What does the Dark believe in? Why did you even join Voldemort in the first place? After all, you don't seem like a guy or a family who bows down to just anyone!

There are many more questions like this inside of my head.

Sincerely
Lady Cassiopeia Luci Potter- Slytherin-Le Fay
Heiress to the ancient and noble house of Black

It hit Lucius so clearly that the girl he was damn proud of having gotten to know and will know had emancipated herself by the sound of it, and with having so many titles to her name it was sure to draw some attention to herself if she let it happen.

There was so much more to this girl than he had believed it to be, she was smarter and more cunning than even his own son had told him. The titles on the letter she had inherited made him curious indeed.

Is she more grey, than light?

Yet, Slytherin and Le Fay are dark families at least they were back then, and that made him wonder how those names came to belong to the Potter and the Black families. How came it to be that she was sorted into Gryffindor?

Lucius sighed when he felt the wards warn him of his wife leaving the manor again, without having a reason to even go out at this time of night. It had not been the first time she had done so in the last couple of years. Ever since the Dark Lord had been killed off, Narcissa had been occupied with going out, like their relationship did not excise.

They needed to have a good to an honest conversation – he had thought that even with their arranged marriage, they had a loving relationship, a mutual fondness of one another.

Now all he felt was contempt, and they never spent any time together – not like they did before.

Nevertheless, he was tired of living by other expectations of him, and the fact was she wanted to change his life around, that is why he began to write to the Girl-Who-Disappeared.

Lady Potter
23
rd December
It is surprising that you at all wrote back to me, I would have thought you would have ignored it completely – you are curious, who would have thought.

The matter with the Dark Lord is complicated, and you are right in that we would not have followed him because of any reason. It was my father who was a devotee, but what he told me of the Dark Lord was something else back then than what he became – more of it you will know in later letters.

Politically the dark is seen as a traditionalist, especially now when our culture and holidays are disappearing – the muggleborns who are coming into our world think it's outdated and are uncomfortable with them, but what they didn't understand is that we didn't want to conform them to it, but we wanted them to understand and not change it.

There was a time when werewolves, vampires and other creatures walked among us without fear until those that came into the magical world began to champagne against them because of fear and how the muggle world perceived them.