Africa

[24th February - El Aaiún, West-Sahara]

Cassiopeia knew that this day had been coming for a while, if she had been back home, she would have participated in a tournament she had never wanted to be in, but all she could think now was that she was glad to be on another continent altogether.

All she could do now was wait until tomorrow to read the days article, though, maybe they will not say anything of her disappearance, but it is weird that she had not been contacted by the Aurors at all, if they had she would have heard something from the Goblins, though, now she has the added bonus of having completed her OWLS, so, she had the freedom here to make do with a lot of other things no one else could do.

Even the freedom to think that if they caught her, she did not need to go back to her relatives and to think on her own and go right into her sixth year if she wanted to in the end.

West-Sahara was a desert country, it was dry and hot to just be here though the locals were just as she would have expected not as trusting as she had known in other places, she understood that there were quite a couple of conflicts going on in the whole country, so, she understood and knew soon enough to be careful and not make a lot of waves.

After just one day, she just had to make her way further south because it was quite a boring place and there was nothing else to do other than just be, so, she quietly made her trip down a road that made along the coastline.

Dakhla, a town belonging to Morocco was there where she stopped for the day but nothing could be said about it other than alongside the roads she hiked and did nothing really before the next day again because she promised herself that she wouldn't stop before getting to another part of another country, though, she wanted to talk to the Sahrawi people – to maybe learn from them, and see their own culture.

It was weird covering herself up, but she also wanted to blend in and show respect to their culture, in the end, she understood the need to not be exposed to the sun all the time.

After a day or so further in her days, she met them and they told her stories of how things had been for them, and how hard it was to live in a tribal society, but to them, it had always been their lives, and it always will be their life, and nothing could take away this for them. The whole ritual was easy to see, the night and the magic in the air here were magical to feel the freedom these people were feeling. Incredible.

In the end, she had to make her own way down to Mauritania, and a place called Nouâdhibou when she came here, she managed to store away her car, and she used her elves to get to places and see different towns, pictures of old houses, history of ruins in desert towns, writing down, reading talking to people that seemed friendly.

Towns like Atar, Chinguetti, Entkemkemt, Ouadane, Kiffa and Nouakchott – the capital. Everywhere she visited was different, and not touristy, but different dessert landscape, and she never could see herself living in such a colourless environment, not at all, but it was interesting to see how everyone lived and survived.

All the Botanical gardens around those few towns were wonderful, great to have seen, and while she was in the capital on the 26th of February, she started to read the article that was about the second task.

Triwizard Tournament: Second Task – Hostage Situation, Miss Potter, yet not found!

The whole article was a thing of proportions, everything that was wrong with the whole tournament was in it, it asked questions about why she never got there, where she was and why no one had heard from her or why nothing was done to find her.

There was also something about why, and if she had lost her magic – so, it was time to send her own article in the post with the help of the goblins, but she used one of the pictures she had taken of herself in France, not telling them of where else she had taken the route and that she still had her magic, and her plans of taking the OWLS before, making it seem like she hadn't already done it.