Chapter One

Memories of  Road trips, Beach Trips, and State fairs all drifted through your head. since you moved from Michigan to California, there was a lot of new things to do over the summer.  Funny how that's all over now. At least you have one thing to look forward to...Not really. Reuniting with Daron Malakian. You knew him for years, but when you moved, that really formed a hole in your friendship. 

" MY GOD, Y/N! GET DOWN HERE FOR THE LAST TIME! " Your Mom screamed. you couldn't say she was doing it for nothing. you have been ignoring her for the past 10 minutes. 

" Coming!" you yelled back. you began to pick out your outfit. a purple skirt and a "Slayer" shirt. you ran down stairs, made yourself some toast, and vanished out the door to catch the bus. 

As you walked down the aisle of the bus, you noticed everyone sat in groups. Front of the bus: Preppy/rich/spoiled rotten/daddy's money kids.Middle: emo/"tough"kids  Back: straight outlaws. as you took notes in your head, you were disturbed by a comment somebody made. 

"Y/N? is that you?" a boy said. more specificly, a boy with frazzled dark brown hair, and a guitar next to him. " I didn't think you'd come back for me!" 

Oh, hey. that's Daron! why's he in the middle row? I wonder what he's been up to lately. Let's give it a shot. you took a seat next to him as he asked you how Michigan was.

" It's kinda boring up there, not gonna  lie. It's a lot of Nature stuff, but don't go near Detroit or Pontiac. That is only if you have a death wish." I explained. 

" Why do you say that?" he asked.

 " Well, let me explain something to ya. Pontiac and Detroit are known for their murders and shootings. It's important to mention that there are good people down there, but there are also people with questionable intentions. With a place like it is, you never know what will happen. I've been to Detroit and the top of Pontiac a few times. Borderline Royal oak. that's only because my grandma lives down there."  i said. 

 " Woah. You sound like my mom. she tells me about that kind of stuff all the time." He said, and I giggled a bit. 

As the bus screeched to a halt,  Daron and I compared schedules. 

" We have Band, Lunch, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hour together. let's walk to 1st hour together!" I said confidently, grabbing his hand. we walked to first hour, locking hands. 

                                 " HE NEVER PULLED AWAY."  you thought to yourself. 

" Hey!" A tall boy said, Putting a hand on Daron's shoulder. " Is this Y/N you've been telling me about?"