Prologue Chapter 1: Double Trouble

"I OVER SLEPT, I OVER SLEPT OH SHI-" those were my first words of the day as I fell down the stairs at ten o'clock in the morning. "The market's gonna be closing in about five minutes; dad's going to kill me if I don't get the flour, the dough, and the sunflower seeds," I said this all to myself out loud just so I didn't forget. I quickly changed my clothes and grabbed four bananas and the money as I went out to buy some ingredients. Oh yeah, the reason I had to buy this stuff was because my family ran a local bakery. My dad was the baker, and I'm the assistant baker.

Anyways, I go outside and secretly used my quirk. If you don't know, I can clone myself three times, meaning four total, but it comes with the cost of all the clones, including myself being a quarter of my natural strength as one person. A little complicated, but I think you get it. After that, each clone takes a banana, and all three of them go out to buy the ingredients while I stay home and do some chores. The clones all arrive with their desired ingredients, I thank them, and they turn to smoke. Mission accomplished. I head to the family phone to call my dad when I hear something loud coming from somewhere inside the house. It was a thumping sound going ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump. It was beating so fast I thought it was a drummer killing it on the drums. It didn't take long to realize that the thumping sound was actually coming from my chest, more specifically my heart, as it went faster and faster until it finally stopped. 

I don't remember much after collapsing. Maybe I was just tired, or maybe I wasn't moving enough. All I knew was that it was a few hours later. I woke up in a hospital bed with only my mom, dad, sister, and doctor at my side. My family looked at me with sadness. I quickly joked, "What? Do I have something on my face?" I don't really do well in serious situations, the tension gets to me, and I've developed a bad habit of making jokes in tense situations. "Son," the doc said as he placed his hand on my shoulder, "due to your diet and your lifestyle, you have developed a fatal heart disease." I was stunned, sure I was adventurous and tried every type of meal on this planet, but I had no idea it became this bad. The worse thing to hear at a hospital is the word fatal. "How long do I got doc?" I asked. "with proper treatment, three to four years. " I sat there silent for almost an hour. My family comforted me and prayed for me while I contemplated what to do with my time left.

To answer your question, why do I want to become a hero? It's because I don't have a lot of time left and I want to leave my mark on the world as the greatest hero who ever lived.