Chapter 17 ; Ecstasy

"What do you mean he's in jail?! What do you mean he's gonna die?! Fucking answer me!" Dari shouted at Ju-Sheng.

"He's a criminal. That's where criminals go." Ju-Sheng said, unfazed. Dari growled and left his brother alone. Now he'd have to face Damon alone. His cousin was going to die.

He was back on his way to The Drag again, to tell Damon about the news.

"What do you mean 'he's gonna die'?!" Damon shouted at Dari.

"Because you fuckfaces made him fuck innocent girls! That's what I mean! My brother turned him in!" Dari shouted back.

Damon sat in silence, deep in thought.

"And what makes you think I'd help you? What have you ever done for me?" I looked away. I haven't done anything for him yet. I've only ever cleaned up, and slung Type X and Arlo, the main drugs we were supplied with.

"Fine. I'll help you, but the best I can do is reduce his sentence. He'll still have to serve time." Dari exhaled in relief.

"But I hope you know this means you owe me. Big time. I'm gonna have to tap into some favors I didn't think I'd use for a while." He said, pressing his fingers to his mouth. Dari sighed. Knowing Damon, it's probably some perverted shit. Dari couldn't get that image out of his head, but he agreed anyway.

"Whatever it takes to save him." Dari turned red. Damon noticed, and smiled.

"Hit up the general, I'm calling in a favor." Damon said to Ken.

Dari looked at Damon, not noticing the tears forming in his eyes.

"You'd better not screw me over. I'm not giving you anything until I know his sentence is reduced." Dari said.

"You'd better hold up your end of the bargain then." Damon grinned.

Dari groaned.

"Yeah, yeah."

Damon raised his eyebrow.

"Okay, then you start now."

"Wait what?" Dari did a double take.

"So you know how you're a runner now? We just got a new shipment of ecstasy, you know, the drug?" Damon pointed to a pile of black boxes.

Dari sighed in relief.

"Yeah. You want me to start slinging them?" He asked.

"Yeah. Start slinging them off the corner of Yin street, and Maine. You're gonna have to work way harder. Why are you so relieved?" Damon asked.

"No, I just thought you'd ask me to do something else." He said.

"Like what?" Damon asked.

Dari hesitated.

"Do you want me to start the job now?" He asked.

"Yeah, go do that now." Damon said, with a pensive expression on his face.

"I want 30 gone by the end of the week." He said to Dari.

"But that's fucking tomorrow."

"Get a move on then." He smirked. Dari scoffed and picked up a couple of the black boxes.

"I'll be back in the evening with the earnings." Dari headed out the door with his gun in his waistband, and the boxes in his backpack.

"Good. You'd better work your ass off if I'm doing this for you." Damon scowled. He never liked doing anyone a favor. He only cared about himself, but he was willing to make an exception for Dari.

Dari walked down the street with his bag on hand, filled with black boxes.

He sat around in a dark alleyway, off the corner of Yin street and Maine. He safely tucked his gun in his waistband, in case he had to use it.

Dari could only think about Ddaeng's arrest, and how it was his own brother who turned Ddaeng in. Dari still couldn't believe the fact that Ddaeng got caught.

"That'll be all." Dari finished selling all the merchandise, and was ready to come back to Damon with the earnings. He made an even 3.5k that night, selling each pack for 350. Although he only had ten customers, Dari was proud that he was able to even make a dent in paying off Damon to help him.

"Come back tomorrow, and I'll take about 20." A man said to him, as he zipped up his bag.

"That's 7 thousand right there, you sure?"

"Don't fucking question me, boy."

Dari stayed silent, and grabbed his bag, heading back to The Drag.

"3 and a half thousand dollars." He threw the bag at Damon's feet., turning towards the door to lean on the frame.

Damon counted the money, it was all in fifty dollar bills. As he muttered approvingly, Dari turned to leave.

"I expect no less tomorrow. Good night." Damon waved him off.

"Night." Dari headed back to his house, satisfied with his day. He managed to sell every pack. Every pack.

"Where have you even been?" Satoro greeted him at the door.

"I was out. What's it to you?" Dari sighed heavily.

"The fuck is that on your arm?" He pointed at the tattoo on his arm.

"Nothing, leave it alone, I just wanna go to bed." Satoro pulled him by the collar.

"Yeah, the fuck you are. You have some explaining to do."