Chapter 16; Caught

I sat down on the couch, playing with my phone, as Ru was cooking, (or rather attempting to). Dari was slinging drugs down on Main street. God, I worry so much for him. I can't imagine anything bad happening to him. What would I do? I can't live with that on my conscience. At least I know he's armed. Satoro sat down beside me.

"Are you alright?" He asked me. I set down my phone.

"Yeah I'm fine. How was your date with Ella, or whatever her name was?" I asked him. He looked away from me.

"So her name wasn't really Ella. I was kinda lying." Satoro smiled nervously.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Well why would you lie about that?" I asked.

"Because Ella's name is Elijah. Ella's a dude."

I widened my eyes. Is everyone in this family gay? Is my family a fruit tree?

"I'm fucking a dude too, you're fine." I went back on my phone. Satoro's expression was indescribable. It was a mix of confusion, and pride.

"Wait.." He got up to go process what I said. I simply laughed and went back to scrolling on my phone. I think Kyushi's upstairs, he's making a lot of noise.

Ru dropped a glass cup right behind me.

"Dude, the fuck are you doing?" I shouted.

"Sorry!" He tried gathering the pieces of glass, but I think he missed one.

"Yeah, yeah. Be careful next time, you could've hurt yourself, dumbass." I sighed.

Just then, Ju-Sheng rang the bell, and barged in the door when Satoro opened it. What's he doing here again?

"Hey, long time no see." Satoro said, hugging him. Ugh, Ju-Sheng disgusts me. I really hope he didn't find out anything about Yuri's case..

"Uh, yeah Satoro." Ju-Sheng said, muffled. I looked briefly in their direction before scrolling on my phone again. I can't face him.

"Hey dude," Kyu ran down the stairs. I didn't say anything to him. He glanced at me.

"I'm in the kitchen cooking if you want food, Ju-Sheng!" Ru shouted from the kitchen. I shot Ru a nasty look, and he quieted. Ju is acting so strange. He just went straight upstairs. Kyu followed behind him. He'd better not be going through my shit.

I sighed and just continued texting Tsukki. He sent me a picture of himself working the shift at Starbucks. I smiled.

I could hear muffled talking upstairs, I think Kyushi was yelling at Ju. A little while after, Ju-Sheng ran down the stairs with some clothes in his hand. Wait, those are my clothes!

"Hey Ddaeng, cool mask, it yours?" He said to me. I dropped my phone on the couch.

"W-w-where did you find that?" I asked. I ran my fingers through my hair, but he came up to me and pulled my hand down.

"Why did you do it?" He whispered to me.

"I have clear evidence pointing to you. Why did you do it?" He asked, still whispering. I can't tell him, but somehow he already knows. I felt my face go white.

"Uh.. um.." I managed to say, not that it was much.

"Speak up. I can't hear you. We can't hear you." I tried to dash, but he grabbed me by the shirt. God, this fucking asshole. He let go, and then I fell to the floor. Fuck. I tried pushing myself back, but then there was a shard of glass from when Ru dropped that glass.

"Fuck." I said, looking at my bleeding hand.

"Like you fucked up Yuri." He said. I know he meant to sound menacing, but he sounded like a dumbass. He crouched beside me and pushed his thumb into my hand. This asshole.

"Fuck, aw you fucking bitch, it fuckin' burns." I groaned.

"Admit you raped her."

"How the fuck do you know?"

"Because she's my fucking girlfriend, you dumbass." He said through gritted teeth. Is this where it all ends for me?

He pushed his thumb deeper in my wound.

"Oh fuck please stop." I said in agony.

"You'd better watch out. But.. you won't have any eyes left. Be careful who you rape, it'll come back to haunt you." He dragged me down the hallway. I growled at him as he pushed me through the doorway. I hate this motherfucker. I shot Satoro with a look of remorse.

'I'm sorry.' I mouthed, watching his utter disappointment.

My heart broke in two.

I could handle a lot of things, but the weight of Satoro's disappointment was enough to drive me insane. I don't fucking care about what Ju-Sheng could do to me. Satoro's disappointment already hurt me enough. Tsukki.. Oh my god.. I--

He'll hate me for this. He'll hate me so fucking badly.

The days I was locked up in Ju-Sheng's apartment, only those intrusive thoughts kept me company. Everyone hates me, I'm a criminal. Yuri and him turned me into the police. She was understanding though, I had told her what happened, about the drugs and shit. But they still gave me the death penalty, apparently in relation to the many other unsolved cases I supposedly committed.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but only Dari can save me now.