The moon across the lake

The next morning
I wake up to see Chris still sleeping next to me, he's so beautiful, I gently kiss his forehead then go to get a shower and change into this

The next morningI wake up to see Chris still sleeping next to me, he's so beautiful, I gently kiss his forehead then go to get a shower and change into this

It was now 1:00 and I was surprised Chris wasn't up yet he's usually up way before me.

I walk into the room and kiss his lips to wake him up. He opens his eyes "hey handsome" he smiles very little "hey beautiful" he says "wanna get up and watch tv with me?" I ask.

"I want to stay here" he says I nod understanding "you feeling ok?" He just nods then rolls over facing away. "Ok I'll give you sometime and then I'll be back" I say as I leave.

Nick is eating cereal as I walk down the stairs "Chris not up?" He asks "he's kinda refusing too" I say a little worried "shit" he says silently "what?" I ask.

"Did he seem upset anytime yesterday?" I nod. "He was crying last night" I say as nick sighs he pats down the couch so I sit next to him.

"There's something you should know about Chris" nick says and I nod "well he's sensitive and sometimes he gets in a bad depression episode and feels there's no point to do anything anymore and just gives up" nick tell me.

My eyes fill with tears. I hate seeing him sad. "Ok I understand,I'll try my best to help him" I say he nods "you mean so much to our family" he says as we go in for a tight hug.

I walk in to his room with a chocolate bar I sit next to him while he's still laying down looking out the window I lightly tap him "what?" He asks softly "I got you a chocolate bar" I say showing it too him

"I'm not hungry" he says which made me feel empty " come on Chris" I say. He doesn't answer. I lay next to him cuddling him and playing with his hair. Nothing.

So I think of a poem I like by Nikita Gill. "I hope you are blessed with a heart of a wildflower. Strong enough to rise again after being trampled upon,tough enough to weather the worst of the summer storms, and able to flourish even in the most broken places."

I say and he finally turns towards me "we're did you learn that?" He asks "I like to read poems and my mom gave me her poem book that had her favourite poems in and she would read them to me before bed" I say starting to remember her reading those poems to me.

He then kisses me while rubbing his thumb on his cheek "that was beautiful Dylan" he whispers "can you show me more poems one day" he asks as I nod.

"Now can you please get up" I say as he rolls his eyes and slowly gets up. When he's done changing we cuddle on the couch eating food.

Then after a bit we went to McDonald's and made a YouTube video I went into the gas station to buy some snacks and I say a monkey stuffed animal. I knew Chris loved those so I got it I got back in the car a gave it to Chris he jumped up and down with excitement.

Later that night when everyone was asleep well except me and Chris, I was laying down and he tapped me on the shoulder "wanna a sneak out?" He asked "huh were?" I asked confused.

"Our hangout" our hangout is a place by his house. there's a little trail in the woods that leads to a lake and there's a big tree we sit by and we carved our initials on it.

We sat by the tree as the moon shined across the lake making our eyes twinkle "Dylan I don't know what I could do without you, you are my moon you shine up my night a-and I-I know this might be a bit s-soon but I-I"

"Oh shut up" I say with a giggle as I then kiss him and he kissed me back stoking my cheek with his thumb "I love you too" I say with a smile as we then lay down by the tree and think of our future.

Authors note: hey guys!! Thanks for all the reads to this story, this was my first ever story on here! I think I'm done with it now but if you want me to keep going just let me know I'll gladly continue:) bye bye<3 ily