CHAPTER 10: TRAPPED

A/N. Two chapter in one day? I'm on a roll! Was writing this and the other chapter while watching the 'The Parent Trap" and neglecting my work lmfaoo.

Anyways, Enjoy! or not...

.

.

.

"What is that smell?" Ike grumbles the moment they enter the single door at the end of the staircase while covering his nose.

"Is that anesthesia?" Uki asks, sniffing his surroundings.

"Should you be smelling that?" Luca asks as he covers his nose and mouth.

"Not really but it's not an anesthesia that covers the air but rather it's a chemical used for general surgery to make a patient sleep" Uki explained as Ike and Luca nodded in understanding, removing their hand from their face.

Walking slowly to avoid unnecessary noise, Uki led the way as Luca and Ike followed, their eyes scanning every surrounding.

"So for years, you grew up smelling these things and seeing kinds of experiments" Ike started as he sadly looked at Uki, feeling abit sympathetic.

"Yeah, it wasn't the best but at least they fed us or so I thought. I guess eating once a week wasn't normal" Uki said and chuckled at the last part as Ike and Luca looked at each other.

"Don't mind it anymore! What's important is you're here now!" Luca said changing the atmosphere around them, that's when they heard someone.

"Hello? Luca? Is that you?" A familiar voice asks as Uki, Luca and Ike run straight towards where the voice came from.

Luca's heart was beating rapidly after hearing that voice, even if he went anywhere or lost his memory he would always know who that voice belonged to.

As they all turn around the corner, there they saw Shu inside a glass room, locked up and chained to the wall with magic resistant cuffs, his body full of purplish bruises indicating he was abused, his face pale and sluggish.

"Shu!" Luca exclaimed, banging the glass to no avail.

"No, that's a bullet proof glass" Shu exclaimed when he saw Luca do that.

"Shu! Are you okay?" Ike asks as Shu looks at him and smiles.

"Yeah, just a bit hu-" Shu's smile faltered as his eyes stared widely at Uki who was apologetically smiling at him from the back, but what surprised him the most was that Uki can walk.

"Uki.. you can walk?" Shu asks as Uki nodded.

"Yeah, turns out it wasn't a disease but rather a poison" Uki explained as Shu nodded in understanding, he didn't know if he should feel glad it wasn't a disease or feel terrified that it's a poison.

"Thanks to Alban's research, we were able to find this place and thanks to the bottle that the people kidnapped you dropped, we were able to identify the cause of Uki's paralysis" Ike said as Shu sighs a breath of relief knowing that his effort isn't in vain.

"Thank god it wasn't a disease, is there any way to cure the poison?" Shu asks as Luca tries every means to get Shu out of the cage.

"So far, there is no research on that. Uki was using his powers to stop it's spreading but only for a limited time" Ike explained as Uki pushed Luca away gently and used his powers to unlock the door.

"Oh, POG!" Luca said as he pulled the door open and let Uki in to help Shu out of the cuffs.

"This is magic resistant though" Shu reminded as Uki nodded.