13. After

Harpers pov:

After watching the hunger games, we went to Ashtons house next door. I can't remember why but we are here.
Calum and Micheal seem to be slightly pissed at each other and on edge, so I stuck with ash.

After a while, things started heating up a bit,
"Ash, we should get them to stop," I said as I began to panic. When people fight, it reminds me of how my parents always did. Well, it was mostly my mother accusing my dad of cheating when actually it was her.
I learned to despise my mother for her lies and accusations. I loved my dad so much, he was everything to me.

"Okay yeah, I'll separate them." Ash said,
"Guys, can you calm down please. Or I'll send you both home." He said to them,

"Stay out of this ash!" Calum said pissed, making Ashton pissed.

"This is my fucking house!" Ash replied,

"We don't care!" Mike added,

"Ash?" I said trying to get his attention, but it clearly didn't work. I was going to tell him I was going home, but I'll just text him.

As I was about to leave, Luke came up to me, "where are you going?" He asked,

"Home," I shrugged, "good luck with them," I smiled,

"Thanks, I'm going to need it,"

and with that, I left and went into my basement. And sank into the floor. It all came back to me....

"Get the hell away from me Sandra!" I heard my dad shout from downstairs.

I was in my room with by hands covering my ears trying to make it all disappear.

"This is your fault mark! You got me pregnant with that girl, you pig!"  My mom hates me, she's never even tried when it comes to me and my dad.

"Don't you insult our daughter like that!" My dad defended,

"I never should have given birth to her! I wish the abortion had worked!" She basically screamed.

I couldn't listen to this anymore. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door. That was when I did it....that was when I made the first cut.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to run away.

I did the only think I new how. Hoped ash could help.

Me: they're at it again. Is it okay if I crash at yours tonight, it's worse than normal :(

Fidget: of course you know you're welcome whenever XD sorry abt ur parents, wish I could help :(

And with that, I snuck out the window. That was the last time I heard my dads voice.

Ashtons pov:

Shit. Shit. Shit. How can I lose a whole person?
"Where's harper?!" I asked panicking,

"She went home, why?" Luke stated,

"When people fight, it brings back bad memories. I'll be back in a sec." I shouted running out the door.

When I reached harpers house next door, it was unlocked. I ran in and straight to her basement to find her with her head in her hands, shaking and repeatedly saying, "please stop mom, please,"

"Hey, hey! It's okay red, I'm here. Please. Focus on the sound of my voice, it's okay shhh deep breaths okay? Breath with me, 1....2....3," I said calmly. I've known her basically her whole life, so I know how to deal with these attacks. "What happened?" I asked once she had started breathing normally,

"N-nothing I'm fine now, thank you," she replied trying to smile. She has always had a hard time talking about her parents, but I know she will always tell me eventually.

"I'm here for you to tell me when you're ready, alright?" I told her. She nodded, whipping her eyes.

I know her mum said some messed up shit, and that was only when I was there, so I'm scared to think what she may have said behind closed doors, and especially without me or her dad there to protect her.
There was always a thought in the back of my mind that she could have....hit her.

But weather it was just mental abuse, or physical too, I wish I had got her out of that house.