Chapter 25

Annabelle Dennis

It's morning already and I was feeling so tired from yesterday's activities. I stretched then something went through my mind.

'Did I forget to apply ointment on Morgan's back?' I asked myself and hoped that I did because I am too tired to remember anything.

When I was sure that my body didn't feel too cramped up, I sat up and took my bible from my bedside table, I went on my knees and thanked GOD for waking me up early before opening the book of Proverbs to read the chapter that represents today's date.

I have a daily routine for each day and when I finished reading the book of Proverbs, I opened to 2 Corinthians chapter 1 verse 3 which read 'Praise be to the GOD and Father of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, the Father of compassion and the GOD of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from GOD'

When I read it, I closed my eyes and prayed.

"Father, help me so that I can help those in need, guide me so that I can guide those who are lost, provide for me so that I can be a blessing to others" I prayed.

"Please, protect your daughter Morgan, she has started to see you in your glory, please guide her in every step she takes and her boyfriend Ricardo, guide him also. There are things that he can't tell no one but you know GOD because you are the one who searches the deepest part of a man's heart" I paused for a while before continuing.

"Please protect him, teach him what he should do, and let your name be magnified in our lives. Be with his little brother Richard and their friends Amelia and George, guide those that don't know what to do, provide for those that don't know what to eat the next minute, protect those that are scared, and show them that you're their strong tower." I continued praying for a few more minutes before ending it with 'Amen'.

When I was done praying, I went into my bathroom to freshen up. The strange man I saw yesterday night still makes me think and I suspect him to be that Mr. John that came here earlier.

I decided to brush it off and not think too much about it and focus on my day and get prepared to head for the Hall. I am just hoping the guys that are working on the bathroom get it done quickly so that I can tick that off my list.

I finished my bath and went inside my room to get dressed. I guess Morgan should be up by now, she has an early exam today and I don't want her to be all grumpy this morning.

"Morg—oh there you are," I say and thankfully she was already dressed.

She probably went to her room to take her bath.

"Hi, Ann" she greets me with a smile which I returned.

"Hi to you, how was your night?" I asked and left my room in the kitchen after I was done dressing up.

"it was great, how was yours?" she asked.

"Beautiful, have you had anything to eat yet?" I asked her and she shook her head so I decided on something basic, toast and some milk, I guess.

"Seems someone couldn't get their hands off the milk yesterday" I took the empty milk carton and disposed of it in the trash can.

"Can't blame me, can we?" she asks and I just chuckled

Here you go, Morgan" I passed her a plate of toast and then a cup of milk which she accepted.

"Thank you, mama" she thanked with a wink.

"Thank GOD girl" I took a bite from my toast and a sip from my milk "Hope you're prepared for today's exam?" I asked after a while and she nods in response.