XXVI.

I clung to Kookie fearfully, refusing to let go of him. After all, they said we were facing the death rattle. That's not good. Not good for either of us.

Jungkookie wrapped his arms around my shoulders and squeezed me tighter against him. I didn't object and let him hold me.

'I'll go over there and have a look. You just sit here and wait for now. Okay?", he said after a while when the pounding didn't stop. I immediately started shaking my head in disapproval.

,,No. I don't want anything to happen to you. I'd better go. You're going to go hide," I declared, slowly standing up from the couch. Jungkookie wanted to object, but I silenced him with my lips. We kissed tenderly and pulled away from each other with a soft mewl.

'Jungkookie please', I said a little desperately and frustrated. The pounding didn't stop and my boyfriend refused my help. This also bothered and hurt me a little.

Jungkookie just nodded defeatedly and with a baby kiss on the cheek, he went off somewhere into the bowels of the house. I, meanwhile, walked all terrified to the front door.

In front of them, I inhaled and then exhaled. I placed my hand on the key, which I turned and then slowly opened the door.

My heart stopped when I saw the two guards in the doorway. They were quick though. I especially hoped Kookie had managed to hide. That would be a huge problem then.

"Hello. How can I help you?", I asked with false confidence. I guess if I somehow jumped in front of them, it wouldn't be good for me or Jungkookie. We're both in huge danger right now.

'Hello. I'm sure you've heard about the mafia attack. If you wouldn't mind, we'd like to take a look around the house. If you would mind, we'll come next time with a search warrant as well,'' one of the officers declared.

I don't know what to do now. If I let them in, they would find Jungkookie. If not, they'd come again and we'd both have already marched the wrong way. I'm at my wits' end. I can't like myself.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Kookie standing near me, gun in hand, nodding. Apparently he's already managed to come up with a plan.

'I don't mind. Just come on in", I fake smiled and stepped away from the door. The cops walked in with thanks and slowly walked away towards the living room.

'Watch what you say. And take care of yourself too," Kookie whispered in my ear and then ran out of the house. I immediately closed the door behind him and took off after the cops.

"Can we take a look around?", one of them asked me. I nodded dumbly and the policemen immediately went into the bowels of the house. I just hope Kookie hid those bags of guns.

After about half an hour, they returned to the living room. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what they might have found. I don't know this place very well either. Actually, I probably don't know if it has a basement.

'It looks okay. I just found a bag with a different type of clothes in your bedroom," one of the cops raised an eyebrow. I swallowed and started to think of an excuse as fast as I could. If he'd just put that bag away, I'd have less work to do. Dickhead.

'It belongs to my brother. He just needed to run an errand. He said he wouldn't be back until tonight," I blurted out the first bullshit I could think of. Even though he doesn't have one. The problem will be if they check it out.

'Good. You know someone who's a member of Joen's family, or someone who works for them. And I'll ask the truth," the other cop said, and started to shoot me a look. Now he just sounded convincing.

'No sir. I don't know anyone like that", I immediately spat out a lie. Of course I know who all Joen's family is a member of and also who works for them. But he's not about to betray his only friends and my boyfriend.

"Okay. Tell me your name and your age yet,'' the policeman said and took a notebook out of his holster. I don't know what he'll use it for. But probably for the background check. Great.

"Min Yoongi and I'm 20," I said, and the cop wrote it down. With a thank you and a goodbye, they scurried away from the cabin. I don't know if I did the right thing, but whatever.

As soon as the door closed behind the cops I ran over and locked it. I then ran into the upstairs living room where I settled onto the couch. I pulled my legs up to my chest and then hugged them.

I don't know why, but I felt sick. Sick of being lied to. I always told the truth and rarely lied. Because I had no reason to lie.

"You did great," someone said behind me. I jumped up and turned to the person behind me. I gasped when I saw Kookie.

'Thank you', I smiled and stood up from the couch. I immediately walked over to him and hugged him tightly. I need to calm down a bit. I couldn't think of anything better at the moment.

'We're going to have to take a nap. I think they'll check your statement. I'm sure they'll come back here and want to lock us up," I just nodded in agreement. Kookie you grabbed me under my ass and dumped me right on top of you.

I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I clung to him more and rested my head on his shoulder. Jungkookie then parted for his bedroom.

There he laid me on the bed. Immediately he went to the closet and started to take things out of it, which he then put in our bags. The moment he had everything ready, he pulled two bags of guns out of a secret door in the closet. At least he hid something.

He grabbed the bags in his hands and walked away, presumably to his car. I immediately ran after him as well and walked alongside him. Let this chaos be over already.

As soon as we got to the car I got in the passenger seat. Jungkookie, meanwhile, shoved the bags into the trunk of the car. He then got behind the wheel and handed me three different guns.

I took them and placed them at my feet so that no one would see them. I wasn't going to risk anything. Absolutely not. That alone would be terrible for the two of us.

Kookie started up with me as we sped full speed into the unknown somewhere. Actually, I didn't know where we were going, and Kookie certainly did. But I guess we'll head back to the house. Well, I'll be surprised.

, "Where are we actually going?", I asked after a moment of silence that fell between us. I don't want to disturb him, but I'm incredibly curious.

'Back home. Few people know about that place and the police know nothing about it. So we'll be safe there", he smiles at me. I smile back and let him drive in peace.

We'd still crash somewhere. I can be quite annoying, so I'd rather not talk. I'll even give him a heart attack. I wouldn't survive that.

I'd rather get carried away with the fatigue that's creeping up on me.