Summary

Games We Play Series

The heirs of two rival mafia families unwillingly fall in love as they navigate the cruel reality of their destinies.

--

Round 1 - Never Have I Ever

Rule 1: The game is won by those brave enough to play it.

When Valentina met Matteo in 2019, they both felt as if they'd known each other before.

Everybody knows Matteo Giudice is the first son of a billionaire who is probably, but not surely, the head of the Sicilian mafia. Everything he does seems to be for his own pleasure even though there's a certain darkness to him that seems to follow him everywhere he goes. Burnt-out from a young age due to his generational wealth, being bored is his biggest problem in life.

Valentina is the daughter of a successful Russian businessman and has always flown under the radar at school but now seems to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. There's something a bout her, as if she has something nobody else possesses, that stirs up Matteo's interest in the first place.

Somewhere along the way of trying to figure each other out they unintentionally fall in love. What they don't know is that their destinies have been intertwined for decades.

When buried secrets come out, their lives turn into a deadly game of power, in which love and war have no choice but to co-exist.

--

A slow-burn coming of age mafia romance novel, in which the only thing the protagonists know for sure is that fate doesn't care if you're ready for the love of your life.

--

Warnings: graphic sexual scenes, graphic drug use, gun violence, death, organised crime activities