The Wedding

The planning for the wedding took up two weeks, which consisted of them trying to find a perfect place and get everything ordered and set up. Tom decided that they should have the wedding somewhere near the Miramar base, since that's where they fell in love. Sarah wanted it to be flight-themed to keep up with their career and life balance.

It took Sarah up to this point to realize that she never really had any female friends. She was always around men, and never thought about making more friends. She had Tom and he had her.

Tom did have some female friends from before TOPGUN, so she invited them to be her bridesmaids. Carole was, of course, the Matron of Honor, and Bradley was the ring bearer.

On Tom's side, Pete was his Best Man, and the other men from TOPGUN were his groomsmen. He didn't pick Slider as his Best Man because they had drifted after two years of no contact, whereas he was still close with Pete after everything that happened.

————————

Sarah was preparing with Carole at the apartment. The boys from TOPGUN had distracted Tom by bringing him out to the bar, promising that he would be back in time before it got too late. In reality, they were taking him to the campus to change into his suit. Both of them have not seen each other in their outfits, so it will be a surprise to them before the wedding.

Carole was walking around Sarah, tying any loose ends and making sure her dress fit snugly (It is up to you to imagine a wedding dress!). She told her to spin around slowly and inspected everything. Finally, she gave a nod of approval and Sarah stopped spinning.

"You look so beautiful! Tom will be blown away, I'm sure," Carole said happily. "I'm honored to be your Matron of Honor, thank you so much for allowing me to be a huge part of your wedding."

"Carole, you're one of the most amazing people I know. Of course you are an important part of all this," Sarah smiled at her.

Tom, over in the campus, looked at his former classmates. He wondered why they took him here, since he was looking forward to a party before the wedding. They brought out his uniform and began trying to tame his hair.

"What are you guys doing?" He asked them, his face showing signs of 'you all are ridiculous'.

"We have to fix your hair. It's per Navy rules. Sorry 'Frosted Tips', it's gonna have to be tamed," Slider said.

"Call me that again and you're gonna have to tame more than just my hair," Tom snapped at him.

They finished combing his hair into a neat position and led him back out to the car. This was his big day, and nothing was going to ruin it. He wondered what Sarah's dress looked like...

————————

The venue was a small church located close to the Naval Base. They could not hold it right on the base because if there was an emergency, a plane would need to be ejected down the taxiway immediately. This was the second best thing.

Sarah was outside, away from Tom. She was in her dress, and Carole was there to walk her down the aisle. Her parents had died when she was younger, so she learned to be independent.

Carole led her to a small spot she prepared for her so Tom could enter the church first, as that was the protocol. They watched as the bridesmaids entered the church, followed by the groomsmen. Everyone had on matching outfits and looked dazzling.

Carole gave the signal to Bradley, who then began to go towards the church, the ring box in his hands. He was so cute walking down the aisle. When it was Tom's turn, she covered Sarah's eyes.

He tried to look for Sarah, but nothing. His father led him up to the altar. His parents were always busy, so this was the only day that they could fly in. Tom always wrote letters to them about Sarah, and they accepted her wholeheartedly.