040

CHAPTER FORTY - IM JUST A FUCK BOY.

VINNIE'S POV

I was first to wake up this morning, Sophia was laying beside me still peacefully sleeping. My head did hurt a bit, not so much. Probably a normal hungover from last night.

looking at the time, 10:37 am

there was something about today, it just felt colder, with more sorrow. not to mention that it's cloudy outside too.

i got out of bed and decided to go downstairs and make some breakfast, and it just hit me.

it's sophia's last day in LA.

i heard some steps coming towards the kitchen and it was Mia, "hey vinnie, your up earlier than usual" she said as she sat on one of the chairs at the island. "yea well i couldn't sleep, it's a big day" i said and turned off the stove.

"big day..?" she paused "oh." i gave her a fake smile as i grabbed two plates for me and soph from the cabinet. "how do you feel?" she asked

i tried to stay strong for everyone, but every time i get reminded a lot of how she's leaving and most likely never coming back, it just feels like someone is stabbing me in the heart a thousand times. "hanging in there to be honest."

i glanced over at mia while i was equally putting the eggs i cooked on the plates. "you guys will be ok vinnie."

"i hope so mia, i really hope so"

SOPHIA'S POV

i woke up and vinnie wasn't beside me anymore. i didn't know what i was feeling but it wasn't good. i looked at the time, almost 11am. i was leaving tomorrow and i was just dreading it.

the door opened just as i was sitting up and vinnie came in with plates which i guessed was filled with food. "hey baby" he said, "i made you food". i soaked his voice in, i didn't want to forget it.

"oh vinnie, you didn't have to" i said as he handed me a plate, which had eggs and avocado toast. "i needed to." he said and i felt the room get a sad vibe.

"so, wanna go to the beach? or we can go to the amusement park, or anywhere you want." i said trying to lighten the mood. "sure, let's go to the beach, let's invite everyone to come with?"

i expected vinnie to want to have just us go do stuff today, but i guess not.

"of course!" i said and ate the food he made "i'll text the girls right now" i took out my phone and texted charli, dixie and nailea.

me and vinnie arrived to the beach, and we perfectly arrived at the same time as everyone else. Noah, bryce, josh, charli, dixie, and nailea came out of their car and they all greeted me, giving me hugs and all that.

while we were at the beach, i felt like vinnie was avoiding me which made me feel weird. "you good?" bryce asked and sat near me.

"yea, i'm fine, it's vinnie"

"he's just trying to forget that you're leaving," bryce said "do you guys plan to stay together while you're gone?"