Chapter 13

First, it's just average walking around, then all the sudden. Blackness. Pure darkness surrounding me almost as if encasing me in stark folds. A sandy weight crushes me, as I am plunged again into the darkness, but this time I don't think about the sand crushing me, because I can't.

Beep, whoosh, beep, whoosh my eyes flutter open. Glued together. I feel sick, very sick. My mom and Laide are sitting in the old leather chairs in the corners like always.I see tulips in the corner, "of course" mom obviously brought them, those are the only flower she ever brings. My room is dark and the orange flowers brighten up the room. It is in until I see the orange flowers that I see and of the hospital bed, the five machines, the heart rate monitors, the oxygen monitors, and good old medicine bags filled with the disgustingly colored liquid. This time however I'm in my own room, last time I was in the ICU. I look around for a bit. No oxygen mask, just the cannula plastic, drizzling oxygen into my nose. The normal IV in my arm, the transparent to corrupting out of it and into the many many mess of medicine bags. I turn my head to show my mom that I'm awake, but she doesn't notice. She's on her phone, talking to somebody. I can't decipher what she's saying, probably something about me, and how I'm dying. Then I noticed a card on the nightstand next to the bed. I read the bold letters in my head, in disbelief, it said; "MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION" there were balloons on the card, different colors. It was propped up, along with a few bracelets. It was then that my mom knows me staring at the card."hey honey. The Make-A-Wish foundation offered to give you wish. Whatever you want." I'm not looking at her face, or her facial expression. I'm thinking about my wish. However, I'm 16 and Disney World is more like an 11-year-old thing, I'm kind of thinking that, or maybe Broadway. Either way I'm happy. I turn over in bed and quickly fall asleep. Not even bothering to think about anything else or listen to my mother drone on about how much she loves me, and how I'm going to be okay. Because most of this is total denial to the fact of myself. Except about the part that she says when she loves me.