Chapter 14

My cholera foundation kept climbing upwards from there, but I wasn't in much of it. I was too sick. Brooklyn came over a few weeks after the hospital visit, we played was Sisyphus, and sat on the swing set that late had gotten for me when he first met my mom and me. I was finally robbed of my ambitions, confined to a steel oxygen tank, and the plastic nasal cannula. I have nothing more to do with my life, I might as well just die. But I talk with Brooklyn for a while. She shaved her head for me, she still looks beautiful. You're bright blue eyes and beautiful face totally are more brought out by her undeclared bald head. She was my best friend, she was one of the reasons I want to stay alive. But I knew I couldn't stay for long, and she knew that. After sitting on the swing set and talking about stuff that we didn't we were little kids, she stood up and asked me to come inside with her. We walk to my room, where there was a gift bag sitting on my bed. I looked at her, then at the bag. She nods of me and then smiles. I open the bag and I see a beautiful dress. Long, extraordinarily light blue, plain, and shirt like sleeves. Tears filled my eyes and made them blurry, I walked over to Brooklyn and hugged her as hard as I could. She smiled and her eyes started to glisten, but I quickly wiped away my tears and thank her. She smiles back in thanks me, even though I'm not sure why.