It's Over

Updated 8/20/23

"You appear to be Sharingan Kakashi. . Sorry but the old man is mine." Zabuza's voice wove through the air, carrying with it an air of respect laced with a measure of challenge. His declaration sliced through the collective confusion etched onto the faces of Team 7, save for the incisive expressions worn by Sasuke and Sonia.

"Surround and protect Tazuna. Do not enter the fight. That's the teamwork here." The command from Kakashi, the leader of the squad, punctuated the swirling uncertainty, prompting a decisive course of action. The mandate reverberated through the mist-kissed landscape, ricocheting off the ancient trees that bore witness to the imminent clash of wills.

"Zabuza first." Kakashi finished pulling up his headband all the way revealing his Sharingan. "Fight me."

Enveloped in a shroud of hushed expectancy, the scene reached its crescendo as Kakashi's fingers wove through the fabric of his forehead protector, unmasking the emblematic eye that lay beneath – the Sharingan. The revelation ignited a spark of astonishment in Naruto, his gaze locked onto the extraordinary ocular phenomenon that bore testament to the arcane depths of the ninja world.

What is that eye?

"Ah... I already get to see the famous Sharingan. I'm honored."

"Sharingan!! Sharingan!! Everyone keeps talking about the Sharingan!! But  what is the Sharingan?!" Naruto shouted in frustration.

"Sharingan... It is said that some have the ability in their eyes to read and defeat all types of Gen,  Tai, and Ninjutsu. The Sharingan is one of the types of pupil that gives you this power." Sasuke, stepped into the role of the mentor, weaving intricate threads of explanation. His words cascaded forth, an attempt to distill the profound into the realm of comprehension, demystifying the reputation of the elusive Sharingan.

"But that's not the only ability the Sharingan has." However, the puzzle was yet to be completed, the final piece fitting into place under Sonia's auspices.

"Hehe exactly. That's not all... What's even scarier is that you can copy your opponent's techniques once you see them. When I was a member of the Hidden Mist's assassin team... I kept a handbook, it included information on you. And this is what it said... The man who has copied over 1,000 Jutsu Copy Cat Ninja Kakashi. "

'What's going on? The Sharingan is a special physical condition that only a select few members of the Uchiha clan...Could he be?!' Sasuke said to himself snapping his head over to Kakashi.

A casual tap on Sasuke's shoulder drew his ire, but the reveal that accompanied it pierced through the skepticism that clouded his demeanor.

"What?" He snapped glaring at her.

"He's not part of the Uchiha clan. Someone surgically put the Sharingan eye into him." She told him.

He glared. "That's not possible. Besides.. How would you have known that?"

"It's very possible," Sonia responded. "And that's something you might find out in due time."

"Now let's end all the talking. I have to kill the old man." Zabuza's declaration hung in the air like a chilling omen, a vow punctuated by the weight of his intent. Team 7, summoned by his words, assembled with unwavering vigilance, converging into a phalanx of protection, their shields brandished for the safety of Tazuna. The tension etched upon their faces mirrored the gravity of the impending clash.

"It seems I have to beat you first." An ethereal aura seemed to envelop Zabuza as he relinquished his hold on the tree's hilt. The glint of his sword, pulled free with seamless grace, sliced through the ambient light. His figure, crouched upon the blade's edge, embodied an ominous blend of readiness and menace.

"Over there and on top of the water!" Sakura's voice, a beacon amidst the heightened atmosphere, pierced the stillness with urgency, identifying Zabuza's momentary position on the water's surface.

The mist, thick and impenetrable, enshrouded the battleground, concealing both foe and ally alike in its veiled embrace. The veil of obscurity, a double-edged sword, granted Zabuza the tactical advantage he so adeptly manipulated. As the watery mist engulfed him, the ninja's presence evaporated into the mystic ambiance.

"He's gone!!" Sakura's cry rang out, bearing testament to the mystifying way in which Zabuza seemed to dissolve into the mist's embrace.

"Nice observation of the obvious." Within the dense fog, Sonia's voice, laced with biting sarcasm, offered commentary on Sakura's evident observations.

"He'll come after me first. Zabuza Momochi... As a member of the Hidden Mist, he was known as an expert in silent killing. You don't even notice until you're already dead...It's not like I can use the Sharingan perfectly. You guys be careful."

"The mist is getting thicker." Naruto said freaking out a bit.

"8 choices...Liver, Lungs, Spine, Clavicle vein, Neck vein, Brain, Kidneys, Heart. Which one should I go after?" The harrowing presence of a predator, its intent concealed beneath the cloak of mist, seemed to engulf them. Zabuza's voice, like the whisper of death itself, emerged from the billowing vapor, slicing through the air with chilling precision. His enumeration of vital targets resonated, each word carrying a grim weight.

The words lingered, heavy with malevolence, seeping into the consciousness of Team 7. Their collective defenses strained beneath the oppressive aura, the knowledge of imminent danger weaving tendrils of apprehension.

'What an incredibly dangerous Ki. It feels like I'll be killed if I make a single move. This could drive a person crazy. The intensity of a Jounin...It feels like my life is being squeezed. I can't take it...I'd almost rather die now and get it over with...' Sasuke's internal monologue, an intimate portrait of vulnerability, bore witness to the psychological warfare being waged upon them.

Sonia's subtle touch, a comforting reassurance that transcended words, acted as a lifeline amidst the tempest of fear. "Sasuke.. don't worry I'll protect you guys even if I have to lay down my own life while doing so. I don't let my comrades die" 

"We will see about that!" Zabuza yelled.

Team 7 tensed ready for him to attack. Sonia's alertness, a sentinel's grace, detected the peril lurking behind her. Her swift counter-thrust struck true, eviscerating a water clone but failing to land a telling blow on the elusive Zabuza himself.

"Damn water clone." Sonia said as his body fell into a puddle of water.

Another water clone appeared and Kakashi stabbed him in the back, water leaking from the stab wound. Then another one appeared behind Kakashi. 

"Sensei behind you!!" Naruto yelled and pointed.

Kakashi turned seeing Zabuza behind him but couldn't block in time getting cut in half. Instead, it was a water clone.

Water clone jutsu? No way!! He copied it in this mist?

"Don't move!!" Then, the tableau shifted. Kakashi's voice, a herald of triumph, shattered the illusion of Zabuza's dominion. The kunai pressed against Zabuza's neck like a vow fulfilled, a reckoning that spelled the end of a perilous bout.

"It's over!!"

"Wow!" Naruto said, shocked and elated that the fight was over.

"Hehe. It's over? You don't get it. There's no way you can defeat me with your monkey-like imitations." As Zabuza's voice punctuated the chaos, the conflict hung suspended on the precipice of a decisive resolution, the echoes of his words a chilling reminder that the true test had yet to conclude.