- 3 -

I LOVE THE GIRL WHO DOESN'T LOVE ME BACK! — CHAPTER #3 — JUST... JUST SHUT UP ZENITSU

"So, let me make sure I understand correctly... You were walking to go on a mission and suddenly this cutie appeared on the road? Then you just took her with you and now we are here?" Zenitsu exclaimed in surprise. The three of you, now calmer, walked together toward your destination. It had taken a considerable amount of time for Tanjiro to separate Zenitsu from you, but eventually, he succeeded.

Tanjiro nodded. "Yeah, you could say that's exactly what happened. And please, don't refer to her as 'cutie.' She has a name."

Zenitsu glanced over at you, engrossed in your own world in the middle of their conversation. "She doesn't speak or understand Japanese, and her attire is unique. It doesn't even look normal. God certainly plays favorites..." Zenitsu muttered under his breath.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"MAN! I WISH I HAD A CUTE GIRL CLINGING TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU'RE SO DAMN LUCKY!"

"I'm not lucky. Damn, think about her. She's lost, clueless about what's happening, and she can't even seek help properly because she doesn't speak our language!"

"Well, she is a foreigner... Do you know what language she speaks?" Tanjiro shook his head.

"In that case, let's try to find out! (Y/N)! Can you please speak in your language?" Zenitsu asked you, his voice carrying a hint of anticipation. You didn't understand his words, so you tilted your head to the side, expressing your confusion.

"KYAAA!! (Y/N) IS SO ADORABLE WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!" Zenitsu burst out with excitement.

'...Did he just call me cute?' You thought, feeling a little nervous. "I don't know what you said, but thank you anyway!"

"Ah! Wait, Tanjiro, I think she speaks English!" Zenitsu proclaimed, oozing confidence.

"Oh, really? Do you happen to know English, Zenitsu?"

"Sadly, I only know a few words... Good morning, (Y/N)!" Zenitsu's grasp of English was far from perfect, but it was sufficient. It was enough to fill you with excitement that he at least knew something. You jumped around with joy.

"Oh my god! You speak English, Zenitsu?! What?! Can you understand me?"

"AHHHH! I DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE SAID, BUT I WAS RIGHT! IT'S ENGLISH! AWW, SHE LOOKED SO HAPPY FOR A FEW SECONDS!" Zenitsu gushed over you, while Tanjiro couldn't help but feel relieved that you seemed to be doing better.

'Shit. I guess he doesn't. Dammit, man! I wish i would've investigated more about this era and learned Japanese! I should've listened to Duolingo! Now, i don't know shit!' You growled over your thoughts but decided to just leave it. Nothing was going to change even if you got mad about it. You distracted yourself with the view. Long time has passed since you actually took your time to appreciate the outside world. Your mouth without realizing it, curved up a little. You didn't noticed but Tanjiro certainly did.

Putting that aside, the three of you continued walking, with the two boys engaged in a conversation.

"Shit, I'm hungry after having cried so much..."