- 16 -

TEAM REUNION! — CHAPTER #16 — DISCOVERING NEW FEELINGS!

...

"Tanjiro! Zenitsu! Inosuke!" You called out their names through tears, your voice filled with a mix of relief and overwhelming emotions. It was a sight that moved them deeply, witnessing your genuine happiness and the tears streaming down your face.

Fuck! Why am I crying so much?' You wondered, your heart overflowing with a whirlwind of emotions as you looked at the trio before you. 'Of course, I'm crying. My mere existence has altered the course of the original storyline. I'm anxious about the consequences... What if one of them had died? Would it be my fault? But I can't dwell on that now. They're here, standing right in front of me. They're safe. They're...'

Unable to contain your emotions any longer, you stretched your arms out towards them, a silent plea for a hug. Trembling with overwhelming relief, you even tried to break free from Kanao's grasp. "T-Tanjiro...! Zenitsu! Inosuke!" Your tears flowed freely, cascading down your face like a waterfall. The immense relief of seeing them unharmed was indescribable, though you couldn't quite grasp the reason behind your own tears.

Zenitsu, being the closest, caught you as you managed to free yourself from Kanao's hold. The sudden momentum sent them tumbling to the floor, unintentionally bringing Tanjiro and Inosuke down with them.

"WAHHHHHHHHHHH! TANJIRO! ZENITSU! INOSUKE!" You cried out, enveloping the three of them in a tight, emotional embrace.

"(Y/N)! OH, (Y/N)! YOU'RE SAFE! THANK GOODNESS! YOU DISAPPEARED SUDDENLY AND NEVER CAME BACK! I'M SO HAPPY NOTHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOU!" Zenitsu sobbed, his face buried in your shoulder.

Tanjiro, still in a state of disbelief, could feel the warmth of your body pressed against his, your tears staining his shoulder. Tears welled up in his own eyes, his heart overwhelmed by a mixture of relief, guilt, and immense joy. Holding you tightly, he found solace in your embrace, not knowing if it was to comfort you or himself. He felt a deep sense of remorse, continuously apologizing in his mind, aware that his apologies would never be enough. "(L/N), I'm so sorry! Sorry for not being there for you! Sorry for failing to protect you!" His voice trembled with heartfelt remorse. "I'm just so glad... you're alive!"

Inosuke, trapped in the embrace, remained silent but felt a weight lift off his shoulders upon seeing you safe and sound. Behind his mask, small tears formed in his eyes, unnoticed by the others. He sat there quietly, relieved and comforted by your presence.

Aoi, initially wanting to intervene and stop the commotion, decided to let the emotional reunion continue a little while longer, realizing the significance of the moment. She understood the depth of the bond between you and your friends and allowed you all to express your emotions freely.

Kanao, her neutral expression slightly shaken by the unexpected emotional reunion, stood there silently, observing your tears, laughter, and smiles. 'So many emotions intertwined...' She thought, momentarily captivated by the depth of your feelings.

The three of you continued to cry and exclaim like children, unable to contain the intensity of your emotions.

"WAHHHHHHH!"

"(Y/N)!! (Y/N)!!"

"WAHHHHHHH!"

An irritation crept onto Aoi's forehead as the noise level increased. "Alright, that's enough! You're disturbing the other patients! You're being too loud!" She scolded, her voice attempting to bring some semblance of order to the room.