Twenty

Sade

  "I love you daddy!" I sobbed into his shoulder.

                        "I love you too Sa—" My father went tumbling towards the ground, blood all over me.

        I looked down, my father's eyes were open but his soul was gone. I turned my head to see the group of boys gone, the other people who were out were just staring.

        "Someone call the ambulance, please!" It wasn't long until the police sirens were heard.

I was reminiscing towards the day I 'lost' my father. I was staring at the ceiling for a good twenty minutes, until I heard knocking on my door. I laid there, just hoping it would go away. Unfortunately it didn't. I slid out my bed as if I was a snake because of the unwanted feeling of getting up. I drug my feet to the door and looked out the peep hole, it's been a thing I've been practicing on because of the last incident when I didn't. I saw it was Epiphany.

"What do you desire from me child?" I asked.

"Yeah, you don't call this child a child when you take this —" Pervert ass.

"Okay, choice words!" I yelled out as I opened the door.

She walked in throwing her purse on the counter and rubbed her protruding belly. 

"Alright penguin, what did you need?" She plopped down while sounding like she ran a damn mile.

"I was on my way to see my mother and thought you'd like to go, since you're out of work for sometime because of your injury. Like damn how long is it going to take you to heal? I tried to take you out but, 'you were still in pain'." She wanted to take me out a day or two after I got out of the hospital, I had to shut that down quickly.

"Girl, I was still hurt. I'm not a damn superhero who heals in .9 seconds." She rolled her eyes at this.

"But anyways, do you want to go? I'm driving by the way." I haven't seen Ms.Alicia in awhile, it would be nice to stop by.

"Yeah, lets go." I grabbed my phone, threw on my pull-over and we made our way out the door.

The ride was pretty silent except for the music playing in the background, it wasn't a forced silence it was a comfortable one.

"So, what's going on with you and Amir?" Any other conversations would've been better.

"What do you mean?" I was trying to avoid this question in anyway possible.

"Hell nah, don't play blonde. What's going on?" She said raising her eyebrow.

"Nothing." I huffed out and in all honesty I was telling the truth, nothing was going on at all.

"Oh really? That's not what he said." She smirked. See y'all? Amir is so petty.

"I'm sure whatever he said was a lie, because there is absolutely nothing going on. What about you and Trey?" She just shrugged, now you know how it feels.

"What happened this time?"

"I mean, nothing really happened. But, it's just weird because all he does is sell and work. When I ask him 'oh can you message my feet before you leave', he always turns it around talking about how I don't want our baby to have things when the time comes because I'm trying to restrict him from work. Nigga what? So for five minutes you can't give me attention. I swear he should've gotten the streets pregnant." She ranted.