Twenty-eight

Sade

The sun's brightness had shone through my curtains and woke me up out of my nice, comfortable sleep. I mean I guess it was nice waking up early, I didn't catch an attitude so that's cool with me. I slowly slid out of my bed, admiring the warmth it was giving me. I don't know I just feel peaceful.

I threw my hair up and went to go do my morning duties, a.k.a. brushing my teeth and getting my morning pee, we all do morning pee's so don't deny it. I covered my bruises that looked like they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. After I finished I walked out to my kitchen to get some orange juice, but I couldn't because the kid was in my fridge just like other many times.

"Why are you still here?" I questioned walking around my island table.

He rose up from out the fridge like a deer caught in headlights, then he looked at me like I was speaking another language.

"Hell no, even though this is your house I have to kick you out. It's natural, like a one-night stand. So I should be asking you that. " This guy speaks some crazy shit man.

"Hell no, even though this is not your house, I have to make you cook breakfast. Or you gotta go." I nodded to the door.

"What the fuck? No, you only using me for my cooking abilities. Hell nah, never thought this day would come." He shook his head in disappointment. Hell, he knew he had some cooking skills and he chose to share them with me. I'm just using this opportunity to my advantage, am I wrong? Nah, I don't think so.

"Come on please!" I dragged on the 'e' sound for more effect.

"No, let's go." He said throwing on his shirt.

"Where we going? Are you driving? I'm not even dressed, should I get dressed? What time are we coming back? How fast are you gonna be driving? When will the sky change colors? Wait -- is it hot? Of course it is, it's still summer." Basically asking all these questions just to annoy him.

I raised my head to look at him and didn't see him, but my door was open. He walked out, rude ass. I just left my sweats and muscle shirt on and walked outside, making sure to grab my keys and lock the door. I saw him waiting out front in his car, blasting the greatest of all time Jermaine Cole. He literally is the best, I don't care what anyone says.

I got in the car and threw my seat belt because y'know, thugs need safety too.

"Where we going?" I saw his eye twitch. "We should go to IHOP or some shit."

"Can you please shut the fuck up, I love you but shut the hell up. You know how I feel being questioned, annoys the shit out of me." He said turning the music off.

"Okay lil' man. Calm down." I said as I held my hands up, he only shook his head at me. This is the usual for the most times when we're together.

He sucked his teeth and had us sit in quiet until we got to IHOP, he still heard me so I'm not even tripping.

"Let's go, and when we get in here don't act no damn full. You know that's what you like to do." I felt like I was being lectured by a damn parent. He was giving that look and an authoritative voice. I could see him as a dad one day, woo the day he comes and says he got someone pregnant will be the day that the world will stop. Seriously.

"Okay dad." He locked the doors, unlocked his and got out to open my door.

"Thanks Devin." He nodded his head, silently telling me 'no problem'. I'm obviously getting on his nerves.