𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

The drive back to Black Rock provided ample time for reflection. 

Katherine reflected on how just two years ago, Dean was so freaked about the fire at Sam's place, he accused her of doing something. Whatever that meant. They got together, they broke up, they fought, they've reconciled. Obviously. She told him the other Big Secret. The Donovan Big Secret.

She didn't even think about the Sam incident. She just...told him. No hesitation.

Katherine closes the door to the Impala with a small smile. Dean rounds the front of the car, jingling his keys, and glances up at her. He frowns and looks at her again.

"Why are you smirking?" He asks.

It turns into a grin. "You just might be my best friend, Dean."

He doesn't know what to say to that. Well, he does. He'd like to say a lot of things. You're my best friend, too. I love you. I always have. I'm just an idiot and don't know how to say it. I hope you've forgiven me. If you haven't, I may deserve my spot in Hell anyway.

He blinks a few times, letting his body warm at the sight of her dopey grin. "You just might still be drunk," he says, and moves for their motel room. The blinds are still drawn, but the door is cracked open. Dean doesn't slow his pace, doesn't say anything to Katherine, just pulls his gun out, and she does the same. With a soft bend in her knee, she slinks forward behind Dean. He leans forward to listen.

"It's God, Creedie," a man's voice says on the other side of the door. "He led us here to do His work. This is destiny."

"Nope," Dean chirps, tapping the door open. Katherine slides into the motel room behind him, setting her sights on the blond man who holds a gun to Sam's head. Bloody, beated, duct taped Sam. 

But still in the chair they left him in.

"Just a rabbit's foot," Dean says.

The blond man smiles a little. "Put the guns down, kiddies."

"You're outnumbered, old man," Katherine scoffs. "You put the gun down."

"You don't seem to be noticing my accomplice."

"Oh, I'm noticing. I'm noticing a lack of a weapon. I'm noticing he has his hands up."

"Put the gun down," the blond man says again. "Or you'll be scraping this one's brains off the floor."

Katherine's mouth opens to reply, but Dean finds his voice before she does. "Oh, this thing?" He holds his gun up.

"Yeah."

Dean grins. "O-kay." He sets it down on the nightstand, nice and slow. "But there's one thing you should know about me."

"Oh, yeah?" The man turns to them with a grin. He aims his gun at Katherine. Her shoulders are tight, unsure of Dean's plan. She hated when jobs went sideways like this. "What would that be?"

"Today's my lucky day."

He tosses a pen from the nightstand towards the other man, and it lodges perfectly in the barrel. Katherine is so shocked she drpos her arms and stares hard at it, balking, before looking to Dean. 

"Oh my God!" Dean laughs. "Did ya see that shot?!"

The brunet man lunges for Dean. Katherine, halfway curious, decides to watch, but has her sights on him the whole time. He swings, and all Dean has to do is lean out of the way, and the other guy goes flying into the wall.

"Jesus."

"I'm amazing," Dean laughs, turning to her with pure joy lighting his eyes. The blond man dislodges the pen from his gun and aims at Dean. Dean picks the remote control up and throws it at Sam's attacker.