𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

If there's one thing Katherine knew how to do, it's hold a grudge. Between his own searching, Dean watched his blonde partner scour every drawer she saw, move every piece of furniture...she probably would have lifted up all the floorboards, too.

He wonders if the grudge-holding is a Taurus thing, or a Katherine thing. Or maybe a Bela thing, since no one particularly enjoys her existence.

"Any sign of it?" Katherine growls, lifting the mattress from the frame.

"Nothin'," Sam huffs, over by the closet. She glances over to him.

"Crack that safe, would ya?"

Sam frowns at her. "I don't have supersonic hearing."

Katherine rolls her eyes. "I have a stethoscope in the car."

"Are we sure this is Bela's room?" Sam growls, rising to his feet. Dean holds up two wigs.

"I'd say so."

The telephone resting on the bedside table begins to ring, and Katherine glares at it.

"Do we answer it?" Sam asks.

Katherine lunges across the mattress and rips the phone up from the receiver before holding it to her ear. She doesn't say anything, though, staring at the mattress as white noise on the other end filters through. 

"Dean? Sweetie, are you there?"

"Where are you?" Katherine hums, rather conversationally. Like she's talking to Charlie.

"Oh, Katherine," Bela sighs. "Two states away by now."

"Where?"

"Where's our usual quippy banter? I miss it."

"I want it back, Bela," Katherine growls. "Now."

"Your little pistol, you mean? I can't at the moment."

Katherine's eyes narrow as she shifts her weight. "You understand how many people are gonna die if you do this?"

"What exactly is it that you think I plan on doing with this?"

"Oh, I don't know. Take the only weapon we have against an army of demons and sell it to the highest bidder?" Katherine suggests. "Just a stab in the dark."

There's a pause on the other end. "You know nothing about me."

"I know I have nothing better to do than hunt your ass down. I want the Colt, and I want you dead." Katherine cocks her head to the side. "I usually get what I want."

"Rather spoiled, are we?"

"Somethin' like that, sure."

"You're wrong, anyway."

Katherine's brow quirks. "Wrong?"

"Yes. You're about to be quite occupied." Katherine waits. "Did you really think I wouldn't take precautions?"

The hair on the back of Katherine's neck stands up and she slams the phone on the receiver. 

The door is kicked in, and they're met with a barricade of police officers and muzzles of weapons pointed at their chests.

"Hands in the air!"

"Down on your knees!"

Katherine's teeth grit as she sinks down to her knees, heart pounding and chest burning with fury. "That bitch!" She seethes, and she's pushed onto her stomach, hands roughly brought behind her back. "There's no need to be so rough!"