chapter two

"Put him in the bag!" I hear rocket yell to Groot, having easily found the group, because of the obvious fighting and people crowding around them. Seeing my necklace in Rocket's pocket and the orb laying on the ground above the man's head.

While Rocket and Groot are attacking the green lady, I swoop in grabbing the necklace from Rocket and jumping over the man, picking up the orb and going to run. Before I feel some grab at my ankle and pull me to the ground, making me drop the orb, however, the necklace is still firmly gripped in my hand.

"No not her him" Rocket shouts before looking over at me, and sighing "not you AGAIN"

Rolling my eyes I get up, chasing after the man as I hear the lady and rocket yelling at each other. Tackling him to the ground I knock the orb out of his hand, whilst also knocking the wind out of both of us.

"Jesus" He huffs, I chuckle out of breath and in disbelief that this is how I am spending my day fighting a bunch of idiots.

'...well this is embarrassing.. get up!'

I scoff standing up and grabbing the orb, whilst the man also gets to his feet eyeing the orb in my hand before lunging at me, my eyes widen and I go running away but a dagger is thrown at my hand making me shout, clutching my hand and dropping the orb.

The man dives going after the orb as I watch it roll off the side of the platform and drop down onto the area below. Furrowing my brows I pick up the dagger and look over at the woman who threw it at me, impressed at the strength and aim of the throw.

I then see her take out her sword and run, jumping off the bridge and landing on the lower platform running after the orb.

'Are you good? Stop standing and move!'

I nod, looking next to me and already seeing that the man had jumped down afterwards fighting the lady and sending her flying across the area. I blink hesitating before jumping down only to see Groot stuffing the man into the bag, whilst holding the orb.

"Wait!" I yell. Groot turns to me and Rocket sighs

"Groot put her in a bag too," He says, but Groot just turns to me and continues putting the man in the bag before looking at Rocket "I am Groot"

"She is not our friend? You just met her?"

"I am Groot... I am Groot" While they talk I look over past Rocket and grip the dagger in my hand, as the woman approaches "Rocket look out" I warn he scoffs turning around before slumping.

"Oh you got to be kidding me," he says defeated as the lady pushes him out the way, taking her sword to cut Groot after he dropped the bag with the man in it. Getting defensive over the nice tree I stab her arm swinging under her making her fall over and away from Groot.

Standing up she sends a kick to my stomach and pushes me away before cutting off both Groots arms making him gasp. I wince holding my stomach my legs curling into a ball around me.

Opening my eyes I watch as she goes to the bag, only to get shocked/tasered by the man, he then stands running with the bag draping around his feet. "I am Groot" Groot says to me, I nod

"I'm ok, are you alright?" I ask, he smiles nodding.

"I live for the simple things in life, like how much this is going to hurt," Rocket says, pulling out his gun before zeroing in on the man, firing him with some taser shot, which makes him convulse and fall to the ground.

Slowly standing up, Rocket and I both turn to Groot after we hear him whine sadly kicking his cut-off arms...branches? that lay on the floor.

"They'll grow back you idiot, quit whining," Rocket says before yellow lights shine on all five of us. Looking up I see Xandarian jets hovering around us. I squint looking at them as I hover in the air as a result of the light.