【PROLOGUE】

【PROLOGUE】

•—•—•—•

Year 1992.

Taehyung stood there in the center of the lavish living room holding the right side of his face where his father just slapped him.

The slap didn't pain him much but his father's harsh words surely did leave a scar behind, in his heart.

As soon as he got back home after secretly spending time with his boyfriend, his father dragged him into the living room and started yelling at him for over an hour.

"I never thought you would be so disgusting. If I had known that my only son was gonna turn into a fag I would have killed you long ago. I wasted all my money on such a useless creature. You are nothing but a shame to our Kim family!" Once again Taehyung's father repeated those same words which broke his precious little heart even more.

Why is it so difficult to accept a person who is gay? Why? Can't they treat him like a normal person? He is a human after all, he has feelings too. He can love whoever he wants. Then why does society have to be so cruel to him? Why loving someone of same the gender considered a sin?

"I saw you sitting on that boy's lap, back in the park, in a not so friendly way. How shameful! I felt so disgusted. What if any of our relatives had to see this? Why did you even come back? You should have killed yourself on your way back!"

"A-appa... Jungkook is a nice boy—" another hard slap was delivered on Taehyung's left cheek, stopping him from finishing his sentence. He turned his head to the left side and saw his grandfather fuming with anger.

"Don't you dare, say that boy's name. He is the one who turned you into a faggot."

"No he didn't! I was the one who fell in love with him!" Taehyung snapped at the old man.

Mr. Kim clenched his teeth in anger before grabbing Taehyung's hair and started pulling him upstairs. "How dare you talk back to your grandfather?!"

"Please don't be so harsh on him. We can try to sort out this matter calmly." Said Mrs. Kim, trying to block the way.

"You don't interfere in this. You have raised a faggot all this while."

Mr. Kim pushed Taehyung's mother aside who tried to block the way and harshly threw the boy in this room and locked the door from outside.

"Don't come out of the room until you understand your mistake. You are an abnormal kid for having interest in boys." Mr. Kim yells from outside before walking away from there.

Taehyung sat there on the floor, next to his bed and cried his heart out. He harshly pulled his hair, threw the bed sheet and pillows on the floor in anger.

"Arghh! Why?!"

"W-why can't y'all ac-accept me? I've always been a-a good son to you, I always listened to y-you." After a while, Taehyung slowly got up from the floor and pulled out a suitcase from underneath his bed.

"I-ive made my mind." He whispered to himself, while silent tears rolled down his cheeks.

•••

Taehyung jerked awake from his sleep when someone shook him awake. He slowly blinked his eyes and looked at his side to find Jungkook staring at him.

Jungkook smiled, brushing Taehyung's bangs aside and stroking his puffy cheeks. "This is the last stop. We have to get down here." The younger one spoke.

Taehyung sleepily nods his head, getting up from his seat and picking up their luggage and getting down the bus.

"Which place is this?" Taehyung asked, stretching his body which had become stiff for sitting still all the while. Jungkook looked around at the bus stop and his eyes soon fell on the notice stuck on the notice board. He squinted his eyes and read out the name.