fifteen.

^ for those who don't know, that is serena. humorous best friend and advice giver. also known as eloise mumford

.

jade's pov

"I hope what you're about to tell me is a long and well-rehearsed apology." Serena says from the kitchen as she makes us tea. "I was up all night waiting for you to respond, you know?" She says maternally and I nod, though she can't see me.

She walks into the living room with two mugs, setting them both down on the coffee table and sitting across from me on the couch.

"Are you allowed to put tea on a coffee table?" I ask and Serena rolls her eyes at me.

"Don't try to distract me. It won't work."

I take a deep breath in and place my hands in my lap. Serena crosses her legs on the couch and stares at me. I don't know where to begin. I want to tell her everything, but I have some strange fear that she'll judge me. She's never judged me before, but I've never been in this situation before. I purse my lips and pause for a moment before speaking. "Well, apparently, Harry loves me." I blurt and Serena's eyes widen.

"What? Jade, I need details. Start with why you weren't home before curfew."

"Okay." I say and take another deep breath. "We were having dinner and then Harry brought up Mason." I begin and Serena scoffs at the mention of him, "Harry was asking why I don't see other guys."

Serena furrows her eyebrows and grabs her tea off the coffee table. "Why would he ask that? He knows you can't do that."

"He said Mason cheats on me with several other girls, so why don't I get with other guys?"

"He's cheating on you? That's so awful!" She scowls. "Honestly, girls around here don't get much better than you." She scoffs and I blush.

Though, I find it hard to accept compliments when my physical features were picked out for me. If I had been born naturally, who knows if people would still find me attractive? I don't care too much, but it's something I think about a lot now, seeing how beautiful Harry is without any alteration.

"I appreciate it. But, yes. He's cheated. With several different women, apparently. But, I was so angry because he's already made me feel worthless and, I don't know, this augmented that. I was so hurt and I just wanted to cry and Harry was there for me." I shrug, recalling the event.

Serena's eyes soften and she pouts her lip. "That's so nice, Jade. I'm really glad you've found someone else you can be open with. So, what else happened?"

I swallow hard, knowing that I'll have to divulge the information at some point. I'm just not sure how she's going to take it. She understands that Harry and I are attracted to each other, but us sleeping together could be a completely different scenario for her. I bite my lip in hesitation, taking a deep breath in. "Um, we had sex." I mumble quietly, grabbing my tea off the coffee table and rubbing the mug awkwardly.

She furrows her eyebrows. "What was that?"

I take another deep breath in. I'm not embarrassed of Harry. I'm just afraid. We broke the law. There's going to be consequences. "Harry and I. We had sex." I say loud enough for her to hear.

Serena's features lace with anxiety at my confession. She widens her eyes and bites her lip. "You did?"

I nod and she lets out a long sigh. "Well that's.. unexpected. I mean, good for you, but, wow." She says and her eyes cast down. I can't tell if she's uncomfortable, or disappointed. I really hope it's the first.

"I know. I can't believe it myself honestly. It was Harry's first time." I feel the need to add that. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I want her to know that it meant something to both of us. It wasn't just meaningless sex.