ten.

"I thought you said you wanted me to meet someone." I furrow my eyebrows as Harry stops the car.

He smirks, turning to look at me. "I do."

"Then why are we at the market? Are they here?"

Harry nods and opens his door. Serena and I follow out behind him. I fold my arms over my chest, grateful I'm still wearing a sweater and jeans. It's always colder at the market.

"Do you think Mason will be mad that we're here with you?" I ask, hugging Serena to my side.

"He doesn't need to know that we came here. No one will know." Harry reassures me and grabs my hand, walking past the isles of food outside. "They're probably in the restaurant. They eat a lot." Harry laughs and Serena smiles at me.

He walks ahead of us and Serena pulls me to her. "This is so exciting." She whispers. "I'm going to meet people. Wow."

I laugh at her and we enter the restaurant. The bottom floor is even colder than it was outside, but I understand why. Buckets and isles of seafood line the walls and an organized line of people forms in front of the cash register. I've never been inside here before.

I watch Harry going up the stairs and shrug, deciding to follow him. There's much less people here than there was downstairs. I don't know why, the view is amazing. There are four floor-to-ceiling windows looking out at the harbor from which the seafood comes.

The top floor is only inhabited by four boys, sitting in the corner. They look about Harry's age and I assume that these are the people he wanted us to meet. I observe their table from afar and furrow my eyebrows as I watch them.

They're hands fly all over the place and, they're laughing, but they're not talking. I don't understand what's so funny.

As we approach the table, I notice something about the blonde boy. He has dark green pieces of plastic in his ears. I look to Harry for an explanation, but he continues towards the table.

The boys turn around and smile when they see Harry. The one with black hair stands and greets him. "Harry, good to see you." He smiles and sits back down.

The blonde one then stands, but says nothing. Instead he flicks both of his hands forward and then points to Harry. Oh my God. Harry presses his thumb to the middle of his chest in response, wiggling his fingers. I glance at Serena and she has the same confused expression that I have. I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

Harry turns towards us and smiles. He points to me and does something else with his other hand, then points to Serena and does the same. The blonde one waves his hand in front of his face and smiles, causing Harry to laugh.

I am so fucking confused.

"Harry." I whisper, feeling like I'm not supposed to talk. "Care to explain?"

"Of course." He says and pulls me to him, placing his arm around my waist. "Zayn, would you mind?" He asks the black-haired one and he nods. "These are my friends." Harry begins and the black-haired one, Zayn apparently, starts motioning his hands again at the blonde one. "This is Zayn, Louis, and Liam." Harry points to three of them and they smile.

"Oh." I say in response. That wasn't the explanation I was asking for. "And you're all atypical?" I ask and three of them nod, the blonde one nodding a moment later.

"All atypical." Harry nods and smiles with pride. That's so cute. Part of me wishes I was atypical too. "Oh, and Niall here," he says and points to the blonde, "he's deaf."

My eyes widen in surprise and I can feel Serena doing the same. Deaf? That doesn't make any sense. Deafness is a flaw. At least, to the government it is.