twenty two.

harry's pov

Today is my day for questioning. I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner to be honest. I've been here almost two weeks. I stare down at my hands as I wait. You'd think the President would be on time and the prisoner would be late, but it's not the case here.

This afternoon, I was escorted to a small gray room with nothing in it but a silver table and two silver chairs. It's exactly what I imagined a police interrogation room would look like. I wonder if they call the President down here for everyone, or if I'm just a special. I would hope he has something better to do with his time than come to prison and chat with the criminals.

Eventually, the large silver door swings open on its hinges and two, very well-dressed, men hold the door open. The President is escorted by another well-dressed man wearing a head set. Did he really need to bring all of them? It's not like I'm armed. Though, given the age of this guy, I probably wouldn't need a weapon to take him down. Unless he's got insane muscles under that jacket of his, he's looks about as strong as a toothpick.

He takes his jacket off and hands it to one of his men. He nods to them and they affirm back, marching out the door in unison. It closes with a loud creak and the President winces.

"We really should get that fixed." He says under his breath before looking up at me. A smile settles on his face, but it looks forced. We stare at each other for a moment before he clears his throat. "Hello, son. I'm President Canis. But, I presume you knew that already."

I shake my head. "I didn't." I say and his smile falls. He clears his throat again and takes a seat across from me at the table.

The President folds his hands on top of the table and looks at me. "Do you know why I'm here?" He raises his eyebrows, staring at me condescendingly.

"To question me."

"Very good." He praises me as though I'm a child who has answered the teacher's question correctly. "Harry Styles, is it?" He asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes. But, I presume you knew that already." I say and lean forward, smirking at him. I am not the least bit intimidated by this man.

He chuckles under his breath and shakes his head. "Lovely. I only have few questions, but they can determine a lot for you depending on whether or not you answer truthfully."

"How could my answers determine anything for me? I'm already in prison. What more could you do to me?" I ask, genuinely curious. The way I see it, they've already punished me in every way I could imagine. What more could they have?

He doesn't answer me. He smiles and clears his throat again. "Let's begin. Can you describe your relationship to Ms. Holland for me, please?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "That's an ambiguous question." I say, hoping he'll elaborate, but he doesn't. He smiles at me again and waits for me to answer. I sigh heavily and lean back in my chair. "I was introduced to Jade at a party at Mason's house. I know you already know this, but Mason is her partner. We became friends really quickly because Mason is an asshole to her-" I say and he winces, taking in a sharp breath as though he's been hurt.

"Please, Mr. Styles. I know your kind is permitted to use that kind of language, but for this encounter, I would ask that you refrain."

"Oh. Sorry." I say and pause. "Well, her partner, Mason, doesn't treat her properly. If you ask me, he should be the one locked up and tortured, not Jade."

He furrows his eyebrows at me. "And, why is that?"

"I thought the point of your society and all of its rules was to make sure people didn't get hurt. All Mason ever does is hurt Jade. He emotionally abuses her and rapes her on a constant basis. Why haven't you done anything about it?" I ask, growing angry. "If it weren't for your stupid rules, Jade could be happy."