⋆˙⟡♡ five. 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅, 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗏𝖾 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗅 ;

˙⊹ ੈ✰[ hold me and i'll forgive you ]✰ ੈ⊹˙

                 ╰┈➤ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✩‧₊˚

                 ╰┈➤  ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✩‧₊˚

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀
╰┈➤  ❝i still got love
for you.❞

As if by nature she harnessed the night, stars for eyes and the moon for a heart, her body relishing in the deep shadows engorging her with freedom.

She had missed it.

Her body moving agilely, creeping round street corners and prowling through alleys ; this was when she felt alive.

With no expectations or commodity's just the stars and the sky she became Morana Lisbon in every essence of the girl. Tonight she wanted to score big, if your going to do it you may as well do it right.

Forlorn clouds hung low begrudgingly residing in their rightful place, Gotham had a new edge when the sky was dense with gloom.

It was the time vigilantes came out to play.

Darkness became her friend when the light ceased to shine, she relinquished in shadowy companions anyone who was anything became nothing when the sun set. New mobs of beings took over, and the city became overrun with heinous crimes.

And all the while the poor were rotting in this godforsaken city, the rich were banqueting in their poverty gorging at the expense of the populous beneath them.

Morana felt a sense of duty in doing what she did, although being a criminal herself meant she was part of the problem she was taking away from those who deserved to feel stolen from.

The air was cool that glided past her she had one destination on her mind, and it now sat perched adjacent to her eye-line.

The Iceberg Lounge was not there to invite and lure the innocent, it was a placeholder it marked the waning battle of crime and law breakers. Morana had her few fair dealings with the Lounge, nasty business and tainted reputations even she understood the importance of staying out of it's menacing grasp. But one thing always brought her back.

Selina Kyle.

The girls came together on a day the world shut them out, forcing a reconciliation of hatred and a bond being tied between them both, etching deep into their hearts the gentle necessity of another's embrace.

Her fingers recalled the familiar knock that gained her access, they performed it without hesitation anticipation awaiting on each click against the door.

It swung open and the twins as ever glanced at her, familiarity finally seeping in at the corners and soaking up the whites of their eyes. A sound of confusion escaped both the mens lips, but once her occupied eyes set on theirs they moved and ushered her, in away from the grimy underpass.

She needed no guide, her feet knew the way like instinct the path causing her to dodge and slip past unseeing party goers forgetting they were dancing in the hands of danger.

A familiar scent seeped in and smoothed over her skin ; perfume and beauty held together by hairspray.

Girls sat along each table with makeup laying across from them toying with appearances and ever changing personalities. She pitied each and every one, all daughters or sisters even mothers succumb to baring their souls and bodies to the mindless appetites of their superiors.

But then her eyes set on a familiar candy like wig and the intimate hazel upturned eyes she so adored beguiling to look at her. The woman's body shifted and gaze met Morana's own expectant stare.

"Selina."

Her body was at ease the second her inviting arms looped around her frame, beckoning to be felt, no words needed to be spoken they both understood the other in untimely acceptance.

Pulling away from their embrace, dazed and wary they scanned one another's face for answers they seemed unable to speak.

"It's been a long time Lisbon." the woman's husky voice sounded as though it scratched and burnt her own throat when it escaped.

"And I'm sorry for that Selina, but I'm here now. I wanted to apologise for leaving in such a rush, but it was the only chance I got."

"No it's good I'm glad a girl like you doesn't belong here, a goodbye would've been nice." Searing passive aggression coursed on her tongue tainting and relenting against each word.

"You don't belong here either, you know that right?"

Selina chuckled an almost belligerent naivety to where she even belonged, being trapped here meant you were here until they found no use for you anymore.

"What do you want anyway?"

Morana flinched at the harsh undertaking Selina's words took on, she shrugged contemplating the girl stood in front of her.

"I missed you I suppose." Blunt honesty was rare for Morana between the scandals and cheats, honesty lay somewhere between the murky grey area forgotten and neglected.

Secrets remained unkept between the two both shooing away from the coy unknown that linked their ever present attraction. Secrets that would not be ushered, secrets that would never leave this lounge and see the light of day.

"Bullshit Lisbon, you want another jackass' address to steal from that's all you ever want. You act like some god damn hero when in fact your half the problem here."

Morana stood alarmed that she no longer should be here, of course she was right those are the truths she'd been hiding and collecting burying them deep under rubble and a mess of thoughts.

"Fine Selina, but it is true I do miss you I want to get you out of here and getting money is the only way I can do that." Selina's eyes softened around Morana's conveying a look of almost blatant pity.

"Don't you get it, I'm stuck here it will never be as easy as it was for you. The links that connect me to Falcone will mean I'll never be free, they'll find me and kill us both." Her hard gaze slunk away now, sorrow permeating Morana's. Unspoken years of connection now crumbling at the girls feet.

"I- I'm sorry Selina."

Selina kissed the soft cheekbone of the girl before her, tracing forgotten manacles between her lips and the skin sheathed in adoration.

Selina's lips moved up towards Morana's ear and whispered a sweet residing farewell.

"Goodbye was the only word we ever knew how to say."

Her fingers slipped into Morana's hands and placed a slick piece of paper, holding them in her own while she slipped away and slunk into the frigid uncertainty of the blaring music.

And in that moment Morana was stood as ever hushed and solitary as the moon that hung in the night sky.

♡❀˖⁺.༶⋆˙⊹❀♡