⋆˙⟡♡ seven. 𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗂𝗋𝖾𝗌 ;

˙⊹ ੈ✰[ a wealth made of lies ]✰ ੈ⊹˙

╰┈➤ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✩‧₊˚

               ╰┈➤  ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✩‧₊˚

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀
╰┈➤ ❝your like snow
beautiful but cold.❞

She ran until her feet caught up to the stars and her legs grew wary. The city awakened and alert, a residing pattern of her feet becoming the imminent pulse of Gotham. She ran until her body fell into the silk sheets of home.

                    𝚆𝙷𝙾 𝙸𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙼𝙰𝙽?

A newspaper adjacent screamed across adorning her body in scented curiosity, she felt the eyes of the image searing into her mind. Eyes she recognised. Eyes she'd invited into her consciousness last night.

An image of an all too intimate home, eclipsed by a shadow traipsing in the corner indulging in the death of the Mayor.

It all sunk in, a pressure building and broiling tugging along the seams of her skin begging to burst, consuming the dexterity of her existence.

Clouds had parted, from beyond her view entailing sun creeping through her blinds alluring to her the new aspect of skyscrapers embellished with this unworthy hope.

A gnawing dread tumulted at the edges of her ever present mind, she tossed and turned fretting with the thought of what must be accomplished today.

Today was the day she was visiting Wayne Manor.

The thought alone, hurriedly put her into a state of panic with the events of last night still sat at the forefront of her mind, like fresh prints laying in the snow. She was begging the snow would fall and cover these looming tracks, making it as though they had never been there in the first place.

Gingerly she crept out of the sanctum of her sheets and worked through tasks which occupied her morning. Tasks she once deemed tedious, she was now relishing in - the repetitive nature soothed her.

Her body ached and begged to be addressed, she couldn't bring herself to switch on the tv the news would be plastered everywhere. It was one thing she couldn't escape albeit how much she tried.

Time moved agonisingly slow the minutes ticking and dragging scoring tiny marks across the clock at each passing moment, every one of them teasing and mocking her.

She hated the meeting being early afternoon, why not make it in the morning that way it remained professional and upright. Now being at a more casual hour it was sliding into a murky area of escapism. She hated it almost as much as she was dreading laying eyes upon Bruce.

Finally a pertinent hour arose that she deemed acceptable to leave her protective circle she'd built around herself, motioning the rest of the world out.

Morana had taken it upon herself to hire a car although the metro served her well, this impression she was bound to make had to have no faults worthy of correction.

The image she needed to make had to be one that etched deep into everyone's minds that she was there to win over the prince of Gotham.

Pools of light refracted across the bonnet of her vehicle making dapples sit and swirl against the passenger seat.

Directions spewed from the car encouraging her to turn and follow straight, when finally before her sat a mansion on the outskirts of town.

Pugnacious and large it sat greedily backing onto a city brimming with poverty, contemptuous with animosity. The seeping guilt leaked from the gated grounds putting even further distance between it and the city it resides upon.

Her car drew up to the gate an intercom system placed hesitantly against the wall.

"Morana Lisbon, I'm a journalist."

And that was all she needed to say as if like welcoming arms the gates opened and ushered her in. Containing the car within it's gluttonous virtue, curiosity begging at her she looked upon it in awe.

This was the home of Gotham's royalty.

Her mind traced over things she needed to say phrases stricken against her tongue that urged to be spoken.

A numb idle feeling crept over her as she stood at the door.

And when she knocked she knocked with purpose, the face that met her own did not feel like a stranger. A soft appearance adorned with heavy ambivalent eyes, a kind man you'd want to be consoled by stared back at her.

"I'm Alfred, you must be Morana."

He extended a hand towards her, gratefully she embraced it warmth and summer seeped into her frosty destined gaze and thawed her slightly at the edges.

She could tell she would grow to like Mr Pennyworth a great deal.

They smiled profoundly at introductions to one another. He played a stark contrast to the building surrounding him, this no longer felt like a home it was simply bricks and foundations no sound echoed the halls nor did a foot step out of place.

It was lonely, ever so lonely.

"Now Master Bruce is not one to conform to times as such, he arrives when he wants to."

Alfred chuckled slightly embarrassed as if he was apologising for a misbehaving child.

"That's alright it gives me all the more time to get my questions sorted."

She placed a reassuring smile against her lips   although she was the one in dire need of reassurance.

Muffled sounds emerged from the staircase, delicate but present. Anticipation soared from through her, regret burning through her veins at the very thought of what she was partaking in.

And there at the foot of the stairs stood the man himself.

♡❀˖⁺.༶⋆˙⊹❀♡