⋆˙⟡♡ thirteen. 𝗂 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗀𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗌 ;

˙⊹ ੈ✰[ how lonely regret is ]✰ ੈ⊹˙

          ╰┈➤ ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✩‧₊˚

          ╰┈➤  ੈ✩‧₊˚ ✩‧₊˚

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀
╰┈➤  ❝i sleep, so
that we can meet.❞

A heavenly warmth enticed her, it sidled up curving its way along every edge of her body meticulously fitting every part.

She was thawing.

Every corner was merging with her entirety. Breaths lingering with an awkward sublimity that both coerced and cherished. Each was becoming the other.

A silent conversation was taking place, she breathing his words that threatened to fall and fracture the silence. And he engrossing himself within her breaths, steadily becoming beautifully acquainted.

And then it shifted, as thought the air had haphazardly changed direction and no longer wanted to endure this frivolous encounter. His figure beside hers arose and clattered.

Incessant mumbles escaped her lips, one's that made no sense to even herself but he wanted to listen to every word she could usher.

But he couldn't. He simply would not do that to her.

Within his morbid longing movements he crouched beside sweeping away the reluctant hair that had framed her face, as she tossed through the dexterity of unconsciousness.

His lips elaborately tempered, and so unknown pressed a covetous kiss against her fervent birth mark. Relishing in the morning warmth her skin beheld, and she smiled without cause as if she knew of this grasping action at borrowed affection.

"Please forgive me Morana." pleading a weeping redemption, he hummed against her skin reluctant to ever remove his lips.

His figure loped sullenly from the restful but anticipated girl, laying tussled in the pure innocence of the sheets around her.

He feared her. He feared what he grew to realise he'd do for her.

Once again she felt the shadow slip away and simply become a piece of the night, a piece she was slowly growing to adore.

-ˏˋ⋆ ̥   ̣̮ ̥   ͙   ̥   ̣̮ ̥ ⋆ˊˎ-

Hazily interrupted, her slumber slow and tormenting mocking her lack of awareness unknowing of a forgotten departure that relented hours ago.

A hand astray searching, ruffling the sheets unsure of what it may be in search of. But when she felt the blunt emptiness of the gap beside her, Morana understood what was missing.

Her ever lovely shadow.

She realised he must've slunk back into the depths of night never really here nor there, a companion to no one. Not even her.

An overdue tiredness swept over her, rolling back stuffing her face into a welcoming pillow fingers tracing the imminent space left of a body. She slipped into a peacefully greedy sleep, almost forgetting altogether who belonged where.

Groggy hours had tiptoed passed the oblivious girl, she awoke and everything Morana thought she'd tucked away was glaringly waiting for her sat steadily at the foot of the bed.

She was aching in the late afternoon. Clouds watched from afar timid on her peripheral, waiting.

Her living room sat the same as it did the previous night, a musky scent of loving blood still clinging in the upright air. What was he to her? What was she to him? They were each other's perfect riddles.

Tasks had to be done, life would not simply stand and wait for Morana she had to play an active part in maintaining a conscious livelihood.

Old worn clothes sluggishly holding onto her body, the frail brunette of her hair hanging brutally down the rough of shoulder blades.

On her way out, seeping deja vu fell to her feet.

A simple yet pure note was now squandered under foot, creasing the scrawl by her rugged footing.

Mindlessly flicking through its folded edges, she saw what now had been excavated from the fuelling dirge of unkempt anguish. Things buried so deep the earth laying strewn across was achingly heavy.

i've missed you lizzie.

She shattered seamlessly, she couldn't tear the note from her own belligerent hand. Fear, from an unusual beckoning poured into Morana's palm cursing her veins with coy blood.

The note fell from her fingers fluttering without notion, the imminent lack of grace as it teetered to the floor.

Her life was begging to crumble, she now felt the cracks raw edged and smouldering yearning for an unkept chaos. A chaos she once relished, a chaos that once was her safe.

But she'd discarded that, she'd ran and that left in a heap of shadows hunkering in an untidy past. The skeletons in her closet were growing restless, dust lingering against every bone and soon enough one by one they were going to be excavated.

A perverse ringing knocked against her shield of terrifying remains. Her phone rocked edgily on the table, impatiently waiting for her to pick it up.

"Hello."

Morana was blunt and husky, just as her mother had once warned her not to be.

"Lisbon, thank god it's you."

Selina's tacitly voice rang through her ears the sheer anticipation soothing her.

"Selina, are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine, but I need to talk to you."

"Okay, but it must be on the phone is that all right?"

"Yes, I just need to ask you something."

Selina was never so commandeering, she was sweet and subdued that's why Morana adored her. She was sweet like silk, and cared for her when Morana's cold figure trudged into her arms that forfeited day.

Morana didn't respond, she just let the silence ring waiting for her to continue.

"Did you kill the mayor?"

Selina's glassy whisper slipped through the phone, toying it's way into Morana's mind.

"Selina, I don't know who you think I am but I'm certainly not a fucking killer."

She regretted sounding so harsh, who's Selina to know who she was anymore.

"I'm sorry Lisbon okay. I just maybe thought after I gave you that address you went over and might of got into an altercation, that's all. I just needed to know if -"

"If it would be traced back you hmm? - Well you'll be pleased to know I didn't go over that night, so you can put your mind at ease."

The lie fell swiftly and silently from her mouth, as if it had been waiting all along.

"Fine Lisbon. I'm sorry to have assumed, I just wanted to check."

"It's fine Selina."

The line rang dead neither could tell who hung up, but relief swarmed into her fingertips at placing down the phone. She misplaced Selina's kind words, although they did not deserve to be spoken to her anyway.

-ˏˋ⋆ ̥   ̣̮ ̥   ͙   ̥   ̣̮ ̥ ⋆ˊˎ-

In an act of pure whim, and idle bliss Morana indulged in an utterly avaricious desire.

Unearthly enticed her feet wandered faintly up a familiarly loved path, to the home of the person she loathed most.

♡❀˖⁺.༶⋆˙⊹❀♡