一番目 - One

Hola ^-^ I know this is a super short intro too my fic, but it's just a teaser for hopefully what's to come. This is a side fic to the one im working on called "An Awkward Understanding."

Daniel James Howell
Age: 7
Time: 3:45pm
Home/Wokingham,UK. June 11, 1998.

The chanting was so loud in my ears, it is always an exciting environment when it's your birthday.

Everybody sings to you, gives you really nice things, and hugs you a lot.

You also have to look super nice, because all of your relatives come over. Or at least that's what mummy thinks because every time it's my birthday I always have to wear my dark blue dress shirt and some black dress pants and my fancy leather shoes.

Wearing fancy things makes me feel special, and it makes it feel really like a birthday.

No one at school has the same birthday as me, besides this one boy, called Phil.

Today at school when everyone was saying happy birthday to me and hugging me. They didn't really hug Phil. And I don't know why, because birthdays are special days where everyone should be nice to you.

He's a bit strange, not a lot of people like him a lot. I think he's nice though, so I hugged him and said happy birthday.

He smiled.

He didn't reply though, and I think that was the first time I've ever seen him smile. Everyone thinks he's strange because he doesn't talk, I just think he's more interesting then people who do. He draws a lot. And He's very good at it, Miss Jenna even said so and Miss Jenna is the grumpiest person in our school.

I couldn't hear the chanting anymore and looked around at everyone crowding the table to try and get a better view of me and my cake.

My grandma with a big smile standing next to my grandpa who had an even bigger grin pasted on his aged face.

My mum standing next to my dad, both of them encouraging me to blow out my candles.

I blew them all out in one breath and got a big cheer from everyone.

I've never blown them all out before!

"Happy Birthday Daniel, My dear" Mum said as she grasped my head between her two hands and kissed my head all over.

I looked up to dad and saw the large grin pasted on him, big enough so his smile reached the tips of his ears.

My name is Daniel James Howell. And Today, I turned seven years old.