🥁Chapter 6🥁

🥁 Chapter 6 🥁

            🥁 Dean's pov 🥁

  I saw Antoine's number calling her phone as I cried while driving home, I hated him- I did not mean to kill her. My phone began to ring with him calling me but I didn't answer him. I slowed
and flung her phone into the stagnant waterway in Rockfort, how had I kill her so easily if she was truly a detective I wondered feeling terribly nervous and sad.

  It was after nine when I got home and saw Anthonia and my mother sitting on the verandah, I put the files under the mat behind my seat then gather my bag and laptop and got out.

"Good night, I hope the boys weren't too stressing,"I greeted saying.

"Night hun, dem gone sleep over a hour now," Anthonia said.

"A how yuh reach home so late?" Mummy asked.

"I was chatting with my friends and exchanging best wishes and I didn't realize the time," I told her and walked off into the living room before she say anything else.

  Erica was on her phone on the couch and I wave at her and past, must har dutty bredda she a inform to- a dat him have dem yah fah man, mi caan shit or piss and him nuh know. Mi could a swear him sey him a guh buy aneda house or build somewhere.

  The dog shit came home in the late hours of the night while I lay asking God to please forgive me for killing the woman. He left the next morning at day break and his mother came for the twins after I sorted them out and leave pushing them in their stroller to the grocery store where my mom is. Erica's boys and Antoine's daughters went with her, with the house to myself I took the files from my jeep and went through them.

I search for the best place to hide them and decide that Cam's room which Erica now stayed in was the best option. I put them in plastic and sealed them, then trash the gloves in the kitchen bin. All I could stomach to put in my mouth was some tea, after drinking half a cup I checked that I had everything ready and reply to the text Adajay aka Ms. Confident sent me.

  I double check that I had everything in place for my travel and that everything was organized so my sons would be alright. Then I drive to where the rental car was parked and place my suitcases in the car trunk. I cleaned out my jeep and took it to the carwash, then I drive it to the car dealer and waited until he checked it thoroughly. We dealt with the final paperworks and stuff, then after I told them what time to collect the rental car from the airport the following morning I drive home.

  I ate the dinner my mother cooked and we talked, I was going to miss her and my baby boys- but I needed to leave. Antoine looked like someone lacked of sleep with bags under his eyes when he came home

"Where is your jeep?" He asked as he came in.

"Good night, it's at the garage for fitness check," I told him.

"Why yuh neva tell mi suh dat Grung or someone else could a deal wid it?" He asked sternly.

  I sighed and my mother excused herself and went away, he hand me a new SIM card and told me to give him the one from my phone. When I sat there unmoving from where the boys were playing, he took up my phone and switch the SIM card.

  "Check that you have everybody number who yuh need to have," he said handing me my phone.

  I did and texted Adajay when he went into the bathroom, when I check his phone the password had changed and it binged announcing that someone had touch it. The look he kept giving me when he came out let me know he had heard it, he looked at the phone for a few seconds then walk over to me and said.