🥘 Chapter 14 🥘

🥘 Chapter 14 🥘

            🥘 Dean's pov 🥘

  I stood stirring the large pot of soup on the fire, it was almost eleven and Antoine had a large pan of jerk chicken ready already. He began bringing out cases of bottle drinks and crangrape water and stocking them beside the two half plastic drums, he uses to put liquors and drinks in when he kept dances or occasions like these. Next he brought out a long table cloth and spread on the two tables he had place together to make one long table.

  The gate opens and he glance up as a car drives in, it was Quenger. "Blessed morning," he said then and began carrying large bags of ice and putting them into the half drums.

  When he was finished carrying them, he tore off all the plastics from them and chip them up into smaller pieces. Next he began stocking the bottle drinks on and under the ice until both half drums were filled. I went inside to sort out the twins and heard him drive out a few minutes after, but he returned about five minutes and parked on the outside.

  I looked through the window and saw him, Demar, Swinger and two others walking to the house side close to the back where Antoine was. Demar looked different, he look hardened. I felt a bit grieved wondering if it was a good or bad thing that Antoine was causing him to turn into, I still liked him in a brotherly way now- because there was no way we could ever be together and I didn't harbor the feelings I once did for him.

  Shaking the ghastly thoughts from my head, I carried the boys downstairs and out to where Antoine and them was. He was serving them some of the hot goat soup and they were talking, he took both of from me and hand Dãtoine to Demar and Denalo to Quenger. The others croon over them as both of them began to feed them from the soup they were drinking, I turn to walk away and Antoine ask.

"Yuh nah drink some a di soup babes?"

  "Yeah, mi a guh duh somn a come back first," I reply and he nodded and went back to the jerk pan.

  My eyes went straight to the burning of someone looking at me and I found Demar looking at me then looked away at Quenger. I walk off quickly inside hoping that no one saw him looking at me, after I finished doing what I had to- I went for my soup and carried it inside to drink. Grung and a bunch of others came through the gate and soon the yard was filled with them.

  Hot-tool came sometime after with some chappas carrying a large boom box, he spoke to Antoine who nodded occasionally then seem to ask him something at which he hunched his shoulders in a he doesn't know fashion. They talked for a little while more then he took a medium container of soup that Antoine shared and hands him.

"Music," Hot-tool said and Quenger plugged in the boom box.

  Raquel came with her and Demar's daughter, Grung took Dãtoine from Demar who took his daughter from Raquel. She walk over to Antoine and he ask her something, then share food into a box and gave her with a medium container of soup. He pointed to the half drums and she went and took a bottle of cran-grape water then leave. 

  The smell of jerk chicken filled the kitchen as I wash the bowl I had just drank the soup from, there was no pots on the stove so I search the oven and there I saw a small foil pan filled with it- garnished with fresh thyme and scotch bonnet peppers. I close it back without taking any because I wasn't sure if it was for someone and cut a slice of one of the cakes I had bake instead. Antoine came in and saw me and ask if I didn't want any of the jerk chicken or food, I told him yes and he pointed at the oven.

 Antoine came in and saw me and ask if I didn't want any of the jerk chicken or food, I told him yes and he pointed at the oven