022 | FAMILY DINNER

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 FAMILY DINNER 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

"SO I'LL SEE YOU AT 5?" Eddie's voice is clear through the phone, my head nodding in response even though he cannot see me.

"i'll see you then" my smile is clear in my voice, twirling the phone cord around my fingers. he makes me feel so giddy inside, wanting to scream and dance just by the sound of his voice.

his uncle invited me to dinner, finally having a night off from work. i have absolutely no idea if Eddie told him we are officially together, or if he just kind of guessed but i'm glad i'm going to have dinner with them.

the call ends, my room now filling with silence. i jump off my bed, rushing towards Steve's room, my hand swinging the door open without even thinking.

i let out a scream, covering my eyes in horror. Steve and Nancy literally having sex. "IM SO SORRY. OH GOD. NO" i yell, trying to find the door handle with my eyes closed.

"GET OUT!" Steve yells angrily and i let out a squeal, finally grabbing the door handle. the door slams shut and i run downstairs and into the living room, my eyes widen and breathing heavy.

that is something i never ever want to see again.

20 minutes later, Steve wanders downstairs, thankfully fully clothed. we make eye contact before he coughs, walking into the kitchen.

the air is filled with an embarrassing, awkward tension.

"um Steve...?" i question, his eyes darting to my own. he nods, letting know he is listening.

"can you drive me to Eddie's at 5?" i ask kindly, trying to not make it anymore awkward than it already is.

"yeah of course. just be ready before 5" he grabs two glasses of water, rushing back upstairs and into his room, the door shutting behind him.

the TV playing catches my attention and i cant help but watch the cartoons playing on the screen. the bright colours and loud noises making me laugh.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

i watch the clock ticking, 4:57pm. the sound of footsteps make their way towards me, multiple footsteps.

"ready?" Steve enters the living room, Nancy standing next to him. i nod, following him outside of the house.

the air around us is still thick with tension, everyone in the car not wanting to have that conversation. i really should've knocked, i just wasn't thinking.

i really should've knocked.

the car ride is silent, painfully silent, none of us saying a single word, barely even breathing through the awkwardness.

Steve pulls up to the trailer park, my hands quickly rushing to open the door.

"you coming home tonight?" he finally breaks the silence, my actions stopping. i shrug, honestly having no idea what is going to happen.

"i'll call if i end up staying" i speak, the cold air brushing over my skin as i step out of the car, closing the door behind me.

i'm not late but i feel late. 5:10pm. my knuckle connects with the door, knocking three times before stepping away, wrapping the denim jacket tighter around my body, allowing me to be engulfed in the scent of Eddie's cigarettes and cologne.

the door opens, Eddie standing there in just a towel that hangs low on his hips. i take a second to admire the tattoos that lay on his soft skin, a smile forming on my face.