[ 007 - 008 ]

007 ;

ARRIVAL OF
A SUITOR
▂▂▂▂▂▂

"YEAH, OKAY, I WIN," Eren announced as he moved one chess piece across the chessboard, immediately winning the game as he took all of his opponent's chess pieces. Hitch Dreyse, who he had been playing against, let out a frustrated scream, pulling at her wavy light brown hair. You just hoped her screaming wouldn't be heard outside of the room or you were screwed.

And you were screwed. Levi barged in with Hange following closely behind, wearing their brown official palace trench coats. "Oi, you four," the male superior grunted. "Go wear your official uniforms. Today, we're going to have a special guest."

"Who?" Hitch butted in.

"Let me finish first, Miss Dreyse," Levi scowled, making all of you stop laughing. "Princess Annie's sixth suitor is arriving in a few hours. You all should get ready."

Hange waved their hand at him, dismissing him from his speech and added, "A royal banquet will be held at four in the afternoon, so the four of you will take turns, by twos, in guarding the entrance to the banquet hall—two inside and two outside. So if I were you, you'd better start moving and assigning roles. Do I have myself clear?"

You and your three other comrades politely agreed with a salute. You hurriedly fixed the mess you made in the common room before leaving to get ready for the arrival of the special guest.

It wasn't until an hour before their arrival were you told that it was Prince Jean Kirschstein of the kingdom of Wendersolf who was planning to meet you. You recognized him from TV since he was very popular with your classmates in school. Other than being a royal, he worked as a model in several brands, thus you would often see him in commercials and even in billboards along the highways in town.

"Wow, a celebrity?" marveled Historia when you, Eren, and Mikasa told him about Prince Jean. "He must have really nice teeth then."

As of the moment, you were all gathered in the front lobby, leaning against the wall as you awaited for the arrival of Annie's suitor. Prince Armin was also there, standing beside you as he leaned the wall, absorbed in the book he was reading. Prince Reiner and Princess Annie where nowhere to be seen; the same could be said for their parents.

"He looks like a scumbag to me," Eren chuckled. You heard laughter from behind you, which was nowhere near familiar. You turned your head and studied the blond that had arrived. Instantly, you knew it was Prince Reiner, recognizing him from the many photos of the royal family you've seen. He was taller than you had expected him to be and had broad shoulders and defined facial structures. Unlike his siblings, however, he had hazel eyes.

Eren bowed his head, together with you and Mikasa, although you were interrupted with Reiner tackling down his bodyguard to the floor, ruffling his brown hair as he groaned for help. "Hey Armeen, where's Annie?"

Armin heaved a sigh before rolling his eyes. "The usual," he plainly muttered. "Inside her room. She's probably not going to show up like the last two suitors. This is a waste of time and energy!"

"Seconded," Historia prompted as she hopped around before hugging Mikasa. "I don't wanna go to the banquet! I hate oysters."

Mikasa rubbed her back. "Then please don't eat them, Your Highness."