The Journal

(3rd Person)

The room was dark and cold, that's the only way Sticks could describe whatever room her cell was located in. Sticks had no way of knowing how long she'd been locked up for, but knew it couldn't have been longer than a few hours. She growled at every small sound she heard, senses heightened in a way not experienced in years and eyes darting up and down on all fours at every square inch she could see. That did not, however, stop the stranger in question from going undetected.

"I'll never understand why Sonic took you in." He chuckled in a taunting manner "My guess is that he took pity on you, or perhaps his grief made him more stupid than before."

"Who are you!?!?" Sticks growl, her fur sticking up in the air as well.

"Hmm, I suppose I should introduce myself, considering I doubt Sonic has said much about me."

The stranger emerged from the shadows, a forest green hedgehog with slick backed quills, light gray gloves, goldish yellow eyes, and black leather boots approached with a glare that sent a shiver down Sticks's spine. The type of glare that typically reads "I'm not someone you want to anger." Sticks remained on all fours with her fur sticking out.

"My name......is Shay the hedgehog. I used to be one of Sonic's closest friends, I even once considered him a brother. But that all changed when he betrayed me and stole what was mine!

"So you're.....'him'......" Sticks is in shock as she speaks.

"So that's what he calls me now huh?" Shay's anger rises with every word. "After everything I did for him, he doesn't even have the guts to say my NAME!"

"Sonic said YOU betrayed him! And that you're the reason his sister died."

"Sonic is the real traitor!" Shay hissed as he slammed one of his hands on the cell bars "Skylar was like a little sister to me, she was never meant to die that day! Sonic let his pride get in the way of the truth, and that's why she's dead."

Shay takes a few steps back from the cell, he turns around and chuckles before he resumes speaking.

"How much did Sonic tell you about that day?" His voice was unnervingly calm which made sticks even more uneasy.

"You betrayed him and Skylar died saving everyone from you!" Sticks says in response. "That's what I was told."

"Then you lack the full picture my friend." Shay chuckles once more "You don't even have half the story!"

"Then what is the full story?!?!" Sticks snapped back.

"Do you really wish to know?" Shay turns around to face Sticks.

"If you claim to have the truth then prove it!"

Shay smirks, seemingly now impressed by the small badger that was in front of him. Although, Sticks struggled to read what Shay was possibly thinking.

"Perhaps I underestimated your intelligence." He said while continuing to smirk. "Very well then, allow me to explain the day that killed little Skylar."

(3 Years Ago)

Shay was atop a small ledge that looked over his childhood village, he grasped a purple crystal in one of his hands with his eyes matching it's color. Sonic, Amy, and Skylar approached the scene.

"Hand over the crystal Shay!" Sonic yells at his old friend. "You're outnumbered 3 to 1!"

"We both know I can't do that." Shay says without turning around. "This crystal is the key to unlocking our full potential!"

Shay turns around to reveal his purple eyes, the three are taken back as he lets out a demonic chuckle.

"That crystal has gotten to your head!" Amy yells