Remembering

Amy didn't bother questioning Sonic when he left the room in a hurry, she already knew how much today was hurting him and didn't wish to make it worse. She was still, however, worried about her friend. She had decided upon finishing up getting ready, would try to find Sonic and at the very least check up on him, and offer him breakfast. She packed up the remainder of their things that they had taken with them from the boat, Amy opted for buying Sonic breakfast vs the food that they had in their bags. She figured the thought would hopefully at least help him feel a little better. It was a good thing that the town hadn't changed much since the last time she was here 3 years prior, the bakeries were still in that same market section she used to spend her free time in. Sometimes Amy would help the bakers with cleaning and restocking ingredients as a child in exchange for them to teach her how to make whatever interested her that day. She had once dreamt of opening her own bakery someday, she loved cooking food and how happy the goods made people feel, but then she meant those 3 mischievous hedgehogs. 2 male hedgehogs and a female, one of whom was blue while the other was green, who both seemed to be the same age as her. The green hedgehog had slick backed quills and a small patch of white fluff on his chest. His eyes were a goldish brown, and he wore matching light gray gloves and shoes. The blue hedgehog had long quills that mostly pointed downwards, his eyes were a bright emerald green, and he wore white gloves, red and white sneakers, and had a worned out, brown bandana around his neck. And then there was the female hedgehog, she was clearly a few years younger compared to the boys, she was also pink but was a few shades darker compared to Amy. She wore a pair of white sneakers that had pink laces, black leggings, and a light blue plaid dress. Her hair was unruly with a slight curl as bits of blue were barely visible, she also had short, pointed quills, and she shared the same color eyes as the blue hedgehog. Amy remembered watching as the 3 of them made their way toward an alley near where she was sitting, curiosity ended up getting the best of her that day as she remembered her 5-year-old self-making her way towards that alley. Upon approaching, she saw a makeshift fort that was clearly made out of whatever scraps of wood were available to them. It had a small doorway in the center, with a worn-out cloth as a curtain of some type. Amy heard giggling coming out of the fort as she began making her way closer.

"Hello?" Amy shyly called out.

The giggling then stopped and was replaced with the sounds of scrambling.

"SOMEONE'S DISCOVERED OUR SECRET BASE!" It was clearly the young girl that had yelled that.

The blue hedgehog was the first one to emerge, the green one followed close behind while the 3rd hedgehog could barely be seen peeking through the doorway.

"State your business intruder!" The blue hedgehog yelled at Amy.

"I saw you guys walk into the alley and wanted to see what you were doing." Amy could barely sound audible as she spoke.

"I told you we should've been sneakier!" The green hedgehog was now yelling at the blue one.

"I keep saying Shay, we need to add a security system to our base." The blue one chimed in. "That's what all the good secret bases have."

"This is your guy's secret base?" Amy asked as her interest heightened.

"Why? Do you want to join our team?" The blue hedgehog began smiling.

"We're letting the intruder join our secret team?!?!" The green hedgehog who was apparently named Shay sounded baffled by the blue one's proposal.

"I mean if she was able to find our secret base, she's probably good enough to join us."

The green hedgehog looked Amy up and down, his frown began to fade and was slowly replaced with a smile. He began to approach Amy and extend his hand out. The action surprised Amy as she too began extending her hand out, causing the two to shake hands with one another.